Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

dashboard removal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

dashboard - dashboard removal Empty
PostSubject: dashboard removal   dashboard - dashboard removal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Having read Fiona's post I removed some screws, the ones I've found so far are shown by pointers in image below.
However try as I might I can't get the thing off. The top is loose definately but the bottom seems very solid.
Any ideas. The moment I get the hang of this I'll post a guide I promise!
dashboard - dashboard removal 5967711060_be9083f471
IMG_0038-Edit.jpg by markuspalarkus, on Flickr

Brunch007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: dashboard removal   dashboard - dashboard removal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:40 am

you have removed all the screws needed to remove the dash. Jiggle the fuel cap lever so that it is behind the dash lower plate then remove the plate by pulling upwards toward the steering wheel.
The black dash cover should then be loose enough to pull (carefully) upwards from the bottom towards the wheel.
when it is free disconnect all the wires to the switches and clock,you should then be able to get at the radio and all the rest of the instruments.
cheers
dave
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: dashboard removal   dashboard - dashboard removal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:41 am

forgot to add lower the steering wheel Embarassed
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

PostSubject: Re: dashboard removal   dashboard - dashboard removal Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 4:28 pm

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/markuspalarkus/5967711060/]dashboard - dashboard removal 5967711060_be9083f471[/url]
IMG_0038-Edit.jpg by markuspalarkus, on Flickr

I’m having to remove the dash, a lot of it, in fact most of it it would seem, in order to take out a leaky heater core. As dash removal is a dark art it seems I thought I’d share here.
Mine is a ‘92 3L Hiace Diesel LH113 type.
It seems Toyota loved sticking odd screws in wherever they felt like from version to version so some patience will be need if you’re doing your own van.
The photo above shows where to start.
To start you should remove two screws under the hood of the dash above the speedo and dials, and one further concealed screw in the centre right air vent. Push the top of the vent grille so it tips back. The screw is in a pocket in the vent enclosure.
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

PostSubject: Re: dashboard removal   dashboard - dashboard removal Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Next remove the two screws that attach the fuel cap lever. They double up as a fixing for the driver-side speaker panel.you’ll need to remove the panel as it hides more screws.
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

PostSubject: Re: dashboard removal   dashboard - dashboard removal Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 4:32 pm

You should remove the screws fixing the top and bottom covers for the steering column. They need to be off to leave room to remove the instrument panel fascia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dashboard removal   dashboard - dashboard removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dashboard removal
Page 1 of 1