Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Electronic steering wheel adjustment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
woody.skate.and.destroy
Not so new now
Not so new now
woody.skate.and.destroy

Number of posts : 22
Home City : Canberra, ACT
Model and year : 1998 SC KHZ-100 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Electronic steering wheel adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Electronic steering wheel adjustment   Electronic steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 am

I am having issues with the electric steering wheel adjustment on my 1998 3.0TD Hiace Super Custom. It just stopped working completely (and is stuck in the one position) but the electronic seat adjustment continues to work as normal. I had my car in at the auto electricians today to have the alternator belts replaced and I asked him to also check the fuses to see if anything had blown and caused the steering adjustment to stop working. He said that he had checked them all and they were okay (I have my suspicions that he didn't even look). Has anybody else had this issue before and/or know how I might go about fixing it? Is the seat adjustment and steering adjustment on the same circuit?

Thank you in advance for any advice
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Electronic steering wheel adjustment   Electronic steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Hmmm you and i have the same issue... Mine started to play up about a year ago, it would work every now and then, but now not at all. Sad
My seat adjustment works no worries also and all my fuse's are ok, so i suspect there must be a bad connection somewhere at the switch or the servo motor. I've been meaning to investigate it for a while now but never have the time. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
woody.skate.and.destroy
Not so new now
Not so new now
woody.skate.and.destroy

PostSubject: Re: Electronic steering wheel adjustment   Electronic steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 pm

I wouldn't mind so much if there was some kind of manual override for it. The auto electrcian didn't sound too keen on looking into it so I guess I'll look for an electrician that will. I'll post any news if/when it gets fixed
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Electronic steering wheel adjustment   Electronic steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Yeah mine is stuck in it's lowest position, so make it a bit harder to get in/out of the van... My thoughts too, why didn't they put in a manual leaver? Oh well guess it's not suppose to ever break. Laughing Anyway I look forward to hearing how you fix it. bounce
Back to top Go down
woody.skate.and.destroy
Not so new now
Not so new now
woody.skate.and.destroy

PostSubject: Re: Electronic steering wheel adjustment   Electronic steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:08 am

Haven't had a chance to get it looked at yet but I plan to in the near future
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Electronic steering wheel adjustment   Electronic steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:37 am

see under general posts Techstream) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Electronic steering wheel adjustment   Electronic steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:18 am

OK if it's the same as mine, pull the cover off the steering wheel then take the cover off the drive section of the wheel movement. Then you will find a plastic cog that runs off a spiral drive, in mine it had slipped down to the back of the spiral so I whacked in some shims to get it back into the middle and Bob's your Uncle.
If it's electrical then be vewy vewy afraid to quote good old Elmer Smile
Back to top Go down
woody.skate.and.destroy
Not so new now
Not so new now
woody.skate.and.destroy

PostSubject: Re: Electronic steering wheel adjustment   Electronic steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:13 am

Mine miraculously started working after a battery disconnect/reconnect. I had done this before but I'd assumed that it hadn't worked because it wouldn't move automatically when I put the key in the ignition.

I bumped the switch not long after reconnecting the battery and it sprung back to life. It's also working again automatically when I put the key in the ignition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electronic steering wheel adjustment   Electronic steering wheel adjustment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electronic steering wheel adjustment
Page 1 of 1