Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steering wheel adjustment fuse

Go down 
+3
AussieQ
maximus
entwistlea
7 posters
AuthorMessage
entwistlea
Im not old...just experienced
entwistlea

Number of posts : 324
Home City : Sandhurst, UK
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom Ltd. 3.0 TDI EFI
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Steering wheel adjustment fuse Empty
PostSubject: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Power adjustment on the wheel has stopped working, anyone any idea which fuse its on, not obvious from the handbook.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.hpi.co.uk
entwistlea
entwistlea

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Ok, so i've found this much out.... fuse for ECU B was blown..... so it looks like its on this circuit, but with what else i don;t know.... but...

Discovered that the wiring into the driver seat has got caught under the seat and dragged back while it was in the Garage .... ( !!!) this has broken one wire and damaged 2 more..

I changed the fuse before i noticed this and it blew again, then i noticed, disconnected the block to the seat and the fuse is ok...

So at this point i'm guessing that its connected ! The power seat still moved, but it didn't automatically move back when i removed the key, so i'm guessing its on the same circuit and this is whats damaged..... Will have a play later in the week, but thought someone may find this helpful!

Andy
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Cheers fella,always good to know when things go amiss.I dont think things are explained to well so with em being imports its all hit n miss.I have used hilux forums before now and they are sometimes usefull.Good luck keep us all posted.
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
entwistlea

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:28 pm

going to try and get the wiring diagram if i can, there's a lot of wires for a power seat ! - will let ya know and i'll have a look at the hilux stuff too

Ta
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 3:16 am

Mine stopped working but it was the cog that had jambed. Pulled it out and gave it a bit of a biff and all is well again. The seat doesn't worry me cause it's back as far as it will go and thats still just a tad shy of comfortable. I must look into moving the rails back a bit one day, there is plenty of room..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:51 pm

What are you 10foot 14 !! I must be a short ass.
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Just got long legs. I can't quite stretch out. Bloody comfortable to drive tho
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
entwistlea

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Managed to get it working, looks like the pink wire on the block into the seat is the hot wire for the steering column motor
Back to top Go down
Will09

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Registration date : 2017-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 8:06 am

Anyone end up figuring this one out? Mine has stopped working and doesn't make a noice. When the cogs were jammed, did they make any noice at all when you tried to adjust the wheel? Does anyone know what fuse it is?
Back to top Go down
Rantolin
Rantolin

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Virginia Beach
Registration date : 2020-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2020 4:27 pm

Curious if anyone has taken a pic of the steering tilt switch with the cowling off the steering column. I noticed on mine the wires were disconnected. I'd like to use as a reference.
Back to top Go down
vanhalen

vanhalen

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Kent
Model and year : Hiace Super custom diesel 4x4 1996
Registration date : 2022-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 6:06 pm

Hi! My steering wheel stopped moving down when starting the van. It makes a noise like the motor is trying and same when I push the button on the side of the steering column. The seat still moves as normal. Please advise if there is a simple fix/ replacement part. Pictures are wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel adjustment fuse   Steering wheel adjustment fuse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel adjustment fuse
Page 1 of 1