Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vantastic
Not so new now
Not so new now
Vantastic

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Nelson NZ (ex Phillip Island, Vic, Australia)
Model and year : 97 3.0TD 4WD Super Custom G
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc? Empty
PostSubject: Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc?   Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:21 am

Hi all, the rubber seal around our moonroof (the centre sunroof, the big one Very Happy ) is all chopped up and looks bad. It doesn't seem to be leaking yet, but to me it looks like it will only be a matter of time. I've asked the local Toyota dealer to get another seal for me, but he is finding it difficult to get a part number or description.

It's the seal that doesn't move with the glass i.e. the one fixed around the hole left by the moonroof. At least I don't think it moves, after talking to the Toyota guy I'm now getting confused as I thought my request was a simple one. scratch I'll go home and check it out. Anyway, its the seal between the body and the moving glass panel.

In the meantime, has anyone a smart idea or has anyone changed one? Thanks in advance.

PS changed the interior map or reading lights and the door open lights to LEDs, they are the business! LEDStuff here in NZ sorted out the BA9S globes with 5 LED ones, did a deal for buying more than two as well. Have got a new flouro on order from Jaycar per an earlier post from one of my fellow Aussies. cheers
Back to top Go down
Vantastic
Not so new now
Not so new now
Vantastic

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc?   Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:33 am

Oh the embarrassment, the seal is on the glass ... still need numbers or hints etc. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
entwistlea

Number of posts : 324
Home City : Sandhurst, UK
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom Ltd. 3.0 TDI EFI
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc?   Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:45 pm

I'll have a look at mine, but i imagine that its probably a push fit, you can get this by the metre from most decent auto upholsterers or on the net. There are a few different profiles of rubber, so you'll just need to know what it is
Back to top Go down
http://www.hpi.co.uk
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc?   Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:15 pm

hi
check out this link for part no's
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199608_TOYOTA_HIACE_KZH100G-MRPGT_6153.10.html

hope this helps cheers
Back to top Go down
Vantastic
Not so new now
Not so new now
Vantastic

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc?   Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks ruffnut, your link was brilliant! Very Happy However it turns out after speaking to my local Toyota guy, who was very helpful, that the seal appears to be bonded to the glass and that means geting a whole new glass screen etc, NZ$3,800! So back to the drawing board and will look at trying to get a simialr profile put on or just repair what is there. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc?   Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moonroof seal, anyone know of a part number etc?
Page 1 of 1