Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moonroof . Blue box switched

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nzcustom
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 31
Home City : Hastings new zealand
Registration date : 2019-06-18

Moonroof . Blue box switched  Empty
PostSubject: Moonroof . Blue box switched    Moonroof . Blue box switched  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 5:50 am

Ok so since I bought it the center moonroof hasn’t worked , finally got hold of a replacement blue control box , not difference just the clicking ... where is the relay located ? I’ve checked both fuse locations and can’t seem to see anything that says moon roof

thisissimple likes this post

Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof . Blue box switched    Moonroof . Blue box switched  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 10:47 pm

The first thing to do with the moonroof is to make sure it's not physically stuck to the roof, over time it can stick.
Run a thin plastic slice (Guitar plectrum?) around the outside and then whem you are sure it's free, try again.

There are 4 relays in the blue box BTW, but I suspect it's just stuck due to lack of usage.

ruffnut likes this post

Back to top Go down
thisissimple
thisissimple

Number of posts : 18
Home City : Lake Forest Park, USA
Model and year : 93 KZH106 Super Custom
Registration date : 2019-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof . Blue box switched    Moonroof . Blue box switched  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 am

Did you have to pull the headliner to get at that blue box? Im trying to pull mine right now and can't seem to get at it from anywhere.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof . Blue box switched    Moonroof . Blue box switched  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 7:16 pm

thisissimple wrote:
Did you have to pull the headliner to get at that blue box? Im trying to pull mine right now and can't seem to get at it from anywhere.

The blue box is on the drivers side (RHS), clipped to the body just to the back of the centre air-conditional unit.
I..e if you sit in the van part at the back and look at where the rear and front headlining join it's just about under the front one.

Assuming you have a super-custom take the moonroof surround off, then undo the grab handle screws and the separate the front and rear roof linings. One goes under the other, use a thin plastic blade to see which one is on top. But there is a clip in there that needs a cool nylon trim tool to detach without ungluing it.

Once the front roofliner is out you can also access the motor Ok too, just take your time as the parts are difficult to get as is the glass.!

Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof . Blue box switched    Moonroof . Blue box switched  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 7:18 pm

BTW I did reposition mine to the centre of the van as there is plenty of wire and you just need to relocate the earth strap and find some metal to bolt it to. I then added a 3-way switch and voltmeter to the headliner between the vents so I could select off, normal and on, so I could operate it without the ignition on.

Back to top Go down
thisissimple
thisissimple

Number of posts : 18
Home City : Lake Forest Park, USA
Model and year : 93 KZH106 Super Custom
Registration date : 2019-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof . Blue box switched    Moonroof . Blue box switched  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 4:43 pm

This was a huge help, I appreciate it. I'll let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moonroof . Blue box switched    Moonroof . Blue box switched  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moonroof . Blue box switched
Page 1 of 1