Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tyre sizes?

Go down 
+7
dandywarhol
IH8Domestic
maximus
Clive
srburnsy
chrisandhiace
philburf
11 posters
AuthorMessage
philburf
philburf

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 1992 Hiace Super GL 4x4 Auto Camper
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:33 am

We had our camper for about 8 months now and done quite a few trips already and we are loving it! I did quite a bit of camper research before we bought it and i think we did good! However, i think the tyres are the wrong size and rating. We are running 195/65/15 H.
I have obviously scoured the forum and i have found some really useful info but i'm still a bit confused (it does'nt take much to confusse me!).
I found the following link to a usefull website for Hiace specs but was confused as to which spec mine would come under as it does not list my exact model.
http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/hiace/1992_5/
I'm sure the label inside the door says 195? SR? 15? but it is really faded so not really sure.
If anyone could give me a difinitive answer on this it would be much appreciated.
I am also looking to get some alloys as my steel rims are a bit shabby - can i assume most alloys from Japanese 4x4's will fit as long as they are six stud with the correct centre bore or is it not as simple as that?
many thanks,
Phil.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:10 pm

205x70x15 is standard
The 195x15 is an option on the door card too
Mine had uk fitted 195x65x15 when I got it...ride is now much, much better on 205x70x15
The load rating on the door card is 95Q
I've used etyres (mobile fitters) a couple of times now...website shows tyre choices
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Welcome Phil, mine say's 215/70/15 - on the door card. Six stud factory alloys are on mine with 225/70/15 tyres, not sure what else fits though - could try 15'' Hilux wheels? i reckon they would fit with the right tyre size of course. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
philburf
philburf

Number of posts : 13
Model and year : 1992 Hiace Super GL 4x4 Auto Camper
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks for your replys so far.
From the info i have gathered so far I had come to the conclusion that i should have 205 70 15's! This will make the overall diameter more so presumeably my speedo is out at the moment?
If anyone has any further in for it would be much appreciated.
Anyone know if i need to worry about wheel offsets etc? I don't really know too much about wheels. I was hoping i could just get some 15" alloys off a Toyota or Mitsubishi or other but it might not be as easy as that? Maybe off a well Known auction site..... : )
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:31 pm

I've got 225/70 15s on.

Just make sure any replacement wheel is of the correct loading, along with the tyres.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:42 pm

215 55 16`s on mine.
Back to top Go down
IH8Domestic

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:58 pm

My label says 205/70R15.

I'm running on 215/80R15's that came off a Delica. It's just about the smallest truck rated tire I can find in Canada.

Are there any drivetrain issues to think about when running bigger tires, other than the speedo being out of wack? I'm towing a trailer and a bit of a load.

thanks everyone
H
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:37 pm

195/15 on my door sticker , same on the van which means the profile is 82%
It's a standard 2.8 4x4 with hi-lo range
Back to top Go down
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while
zoochy

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:59 am

235 75 15's just fit. The fronts rub a bit on fully cranked turns... so I just don't turn that sharply. They're about 10% larger in diameter, giving me 10% more speed, which is handy for the long stretches we have here between towns.

Quinnjin78 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 1:47 pm

hey zoochy,

I've got a set of 235's I want to put on. Have 205 x 70R x15's on now, and my SC sails smooth at about 80 K/hr. I also find that I'm cranking the wheel all the way to turn around a lot. Obviously the rubbing you are talking about is easy to avoid. Someone also suggested getting airbags (2 for each axle). have you noticed a change in the center of gravity when going around corners or any difference in the ride? In another post there was also a comment about about rubbing in the wells in 4 low.
Back to top Go down
braydenthomas26

Number of posts : 1
Home City : New Zealand, King Country
Registration date : 2018-04-26

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 9:28 pm

I have got 235/75R15 AT tires on my hiace

Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 12:45 pm

Holy Thread Resurrection!

And welcome Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyre sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre sizes?   Tyre sizes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyre sizes?
Page 1 of 1