Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is the fuel gauge like the temperature gauge ?(not accurate)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 151
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

Is the fuel gauge like the temperature gauge ?(not accurate) Empty
PostSubject: Is the fuel gauge like the temperature gauge ?(not accurate)   Is the fuel gauge like the temperature gauge ?(not accurate) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 8:15 pm

Hello,

I had to run my van out of diesel to ship it and it was impossible. For the first half of the tank it went slowly down normally and then after a half it hardly moved. To get to where I was going I drove about 100 miles and went from around 3/4 to half. So I figured with the next 100 miles it would be at a quarter but it didn't happen.

I ended up doing my bit to save the planet Is the fuel gauge like the temperature gauge ?(not accurate) 1f615 by driving about 80 miles up and down a big long road and looping back at a roundabout ! I eventually got it to a quarter, gave up and said sorry to the shipping people who will now have to siphon it but they seemed to not mind at the idea of free diesel.

So is the fuel gauge known to be not very accurate in the lower readings ( the opposite of the temperature gauge )? My full is definitely full and I know it moves about a bit on slopes but why did my van suddenly go so economical ?

I don't want to run it out again but it would be nice to know if the bottom half of the gauge gives more than the top.
Back to top Go down

Is the fuel gauge like the temperature gauge ?(not accurate)
Page 1 of 1