Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel gauge showing half full when empty

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
95hiacesc

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Ventura
Registration date : 2023-09-08

Fuel gauge showing half full when empty  Empty
PostSubject: Fuel gauge showing half full when empty    Fuel gauge showing half full when empty  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 5:50 am

Hey guys. I have been working on getting my tachometer working and have finally got it back in and fully functional after finding some broken solder joints. I accidentally bumped my gas gauge needle when reinstalling the clear lens on the gauge cluster and now it reads 1/2 tank plus always. When full it reads past the F. I’ve tried positioning the needle where I believe my fuel level is no avail. My fuel light works which is great but I’d really prefer my gas gauge to work correctly. Any help is welcome. Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 155
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge showing half full when empty    Fuel gauge showing half full when empty  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 9:31 pm

If I couldn't get it to reset I think I'd wait until the fuel light came on and put a mark a quarter of the way above where the needle is so I'd have an advanced warning.

Just as a thought can you spin the gauge itself from behind, that might work, forget the needle, turn it all.
Back to top Go down
95hiacesc

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Ventura
Registration date : 2023-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge showing half full when empty    Fuel gauge showing half full when empty  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 9:40 pm

Not a bad thought but I believe there is 2 screws that hold it in place. Almost thinking maybe the voltage regulator in the back of the gauge itself was damaged and now is reading double the actual level instead of empty where it should be.
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 279
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge showing half full when empty    Fuel gauge showing half full when empty  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 10:22 am

Hi - there are some trouble-shooting tips in the repair manual - checking resistances etc.

It's in the downloadable manual set that's predominantly for the petrol 2RZE engine version and the earlier 'L' diesels, but I would think it would be identical for the 1KZs too - as I believe they use the same dashboard combination meters.

It's available at the hiace south east website:

https://www.hiacesoutheast.com/hiace-manuals

go to the RZ-LH series manual, then chdck both of these. i think there are different pages for different editions:

Repair Manual : 10 Body Electrical : 10 Combination Meter (pages BE52 and BE53)

Repair Manual : 10 Body Electrical : 11 Combination Meter (page BE15)

and also double check the diagrams on:

Repair Manual : 20 BODY ELECTRICAL : 6 COMBINATION METER (all) to double check you have the right diagram to match your van.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge showing half full when empty    Fuel gauge showing half full when empty  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel gauge showing half full when empty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: