Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Placement of electronic temperature gauge ETG 1KZ-TE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
96SC_In_NZ

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Registration date : 2021-12-26

Placement of electronic temperature gauge ETG  1KZ-TE Empty
PostSubject: Placement of electronic temperature gauge ETG 1KZ-TE   Placement of electronic temperature gauge ETG  1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 2:29 am

Hello!

Where's the simplest place to put the ETG? I'm indifferent to the 'before or after' turbo factor

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
willyw
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Home City : Sunshine Coast
Registration date : 2014-10-28

Placement of electronic temperature gauge ETG  1KZ-TE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Placement of electronic temperature gauge ETG 1KZ-TE   Placement of electronic temperature gauge ETG  1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 12:02 am

i have not done this.....but researched a little....i concluded that plenty of 1kzte owners on prado/landcruiser forums are also indifferent.... i guess that if before turbo...you will get a faster response ....as the turbo cools the exhaust gases....some say drilling and tapping a thread into manifold (collect swarf with a magnet) should be done with manifold removed....but then say this can create a weakness that could crack the manifold. So, i ended up favouring the after turbo...weld a fitting onto exhaust pipe idea. the lower temperatures might mean that the sender has a longer life?...what were your conclusions?...but i do agree ...an exhaust gas guage is the earliest sign of engine overheating.....far far better than coolant loss sensor or coolant temp sensors (which can be measuring "air" temp after coolant loss) or bolt on engine block sensors. the super custom has a low coolant sensor.....not sure how that operates....but might need a piezo alarm on that circuit...... i will likely buy this gauge (aslo available as round 58mm from ebay seller gaugeinnovations https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-Engine-Gearbox-EGT-temp-dash-gauge-visual-audible-overheating-alarm/313446474104 Placement of electronic temperature gauge ETG  1KZ-TE S-l1600

I haven't even inspected for locations as yet.....what did you conclude?
Back to top Go down

Placement of electronic temperature gauge ETG 1KZ-TE
Page 1 of 1