Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
comedywizard
comedywizard

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Cardiff
Model and year : Super Custom Limited, 1994, Digital Dash, 3.0L Turbo Diesel. (HotRod Body Kit, 17" Rota Slipstream Alloys, Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System).
Registration date : 2010-04-19

ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Empty
PostSubject: ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)   ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:22 pm

HI, I'M NEW TO THE SITE, HAVING PROBLEMS WITH AN ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE!
(SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED, 3.0L WITH DIGITAL DASH)

TEMP GAUAGE WORKS FINE, WARMS UP AS NORMAL BUT THEN THE BAR WILL GO UP INTO THE 'HOT' FLASHING, SUGGESTION OVERHEATING, QUITE WORRYING!!! ALTHOUGH THE ENGINE ITSELF IS NOT.
THEN SOMETIMES IT DROPS BACK TO NORMAL ALL OF A SUDDEN. ALSO CAN BE IN NORMAL THEN DROP BACK TO COLD, SEEMS TO MOVE BACK & FORTH LIKE PACMAN!!

IS THIS A PROBLEM WITH THE DASH OR JUST SOMETHING LIKE A TEMP SENDER GAUGE?

ANY HELP OR THOUGHTS WOULD BE GRATEFULL.

THANKS
DAVE
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)   ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Are you sure the engine temp is fine?

I'd suggest a drain down, flush and new thermostat. Refill with a 50/50 mix of antifreeze, as a first step.
Back to top Go down
comedywizard
comedywizard

Model and year : Super Custom Limited, 1994, Digital Dash, 3.0L Turbo Diesel. (HotRod Body Kit, 17" Rota Slipstream Alloys, Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System).

PostSubject: Re: ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)   ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, yes I've been meaning to flush the rad anyway so that will be the first step, lets hope it works. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)   ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 pm

I had this problem after some engine work.This also brought on the oil level light that flickered when revved.Having proved that the engine wasnt overheating i replaced the temp sender but to no avail.I can only assume its a bad earth and gave up after considering a costly trip to the auto electrician.Good luck.
Back to top Go down
comedywizard
comedywizard

PostSubject: Re: ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)   ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:48 am

Still got problems!! I flushed the coolant and re-filled, warmed her up to make sure warm air coming through for any air locks. Now seems to sit just below normal on the gauge, however still seems to move around a bit on the gauge, doesnt stay constant reading! Also now I dont have any warm air from the heater and its getting cold in the mornings!! Any ideas? Thanks
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)   ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Quote :
Also now I dont have any warm air from the heater and its getting cold in the mornings
Then there is no water in the matrix?....are your heater valves (front and back) open?....coolant sytem full?
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)   ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:14 pm

[quote="chrisandhiace"]
Quote :
Also now I dont have any warm air from the heater and its getting cold in the mornings
Then there is no water in the matrix?....are your heater valves (front and back) open?....coolant sytem full?...re-check and re-bleed?
Back to top Go down
Nandun

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Colombo, Sri Lanka
Model and year : 1993 Hiace super custom limited
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)   ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:20 am

Hi, has anyone got a solution? i'm also having the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)   ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ERRATIC TEMPERATURE GAUGE! (DIGITAL DASH)
Page 1 of 1