Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MacinBrevard

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Brevard
Registration date : 2023-08-18

Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump?   Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 9:49 pm

Long time listener, first time caller. I’m having some trouble with my van after ~25000 trouble free kilometers.

Is there a fuel lift pump in the tank of these vehicles as well as the EJI system at the engine?

I’ve diagnosed my problem as fuel related but can’t seem to find where exactly the problem is. Trying to get an idea of what I’m getting myself into…
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump?   Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 8:53 am

No there is no lift pump in the tank but there is a strainer on the pickup pipe and given the age of these vans they are due for dropping the tank and a good clean out , did my dank the strainer was 90% blocked. Also there are filters on the IP that also were partly blocked good video you tube Medina diesel lab 1kzte.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump?   Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 10:14 am

Also check the priming pump:

If it's stuck down when the engine is struggling, it's a blockage in the tank filter, or tiny tank breather (open tank cap, rush of air in = breather blocked).

If it's up, possibly it's cracked around the pushing in bit and you need a new primer pump, and also check hoses to the injector pump - ALL must be airtight, or the vacuum lift of the fuel fails.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump?   Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel issue troubleshooting - 96 SC 1KzTE - Lift pump?
Page 1 of 1