Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
matt580

Number of posts : 5
Home City : NZ
Registration date : 2015-07-18

Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE  Empty
PostSubject: Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE    Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 9:02 am

Hi, Im about to replace the p.s pump on my 1993 2wd S.C with a 1kzte and was wondering if anyone's done this before as I noticed there's not enough room to get the pump out without removing an engine mount and the cross member by the looks of it.

Im fairly sure the pump is the problem, not 100% however....

Anyone done this before and know of any shortcuts or anything I may of overlooked?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE    Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Never done it, however have you tried a fluid change before you get the spanners out?
Back to top Go down
matt580

PostSubject: Re: Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE    Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:52 am

Clive wrote:
Never done it, however have you tried a fluid change before you get the spanners out?

Yes, I read those threads etc, I think its because it was off the road for a year or so, the fluid may of leaked etc (note) .

Ive got my mechanic mate's advice to change it and already got the replacement so here goes. Wink

Cheers Clive
Back to top Go down
matt580

PostSubject: Re: Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE    Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 3:10 pm

All sorted.

The pump was stuffed as the feeder hose was brittle and leaking.

Forgot to mention symptoms; the old pump was making a whining sound when turning the wheel which was quite difficult to turn most of the time.

Should be a 4 to 5 hour job with the right tools etc, had to get my neigbour to give me a hand with the high pressure hose bolt though (quite tricky).

And yes you do have to take the cross member mostly out, or you could just take it to a mechanic, I was quoted $250 NZD for labour.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE    Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting power steering pump out 1KZTE
Page 1 of 1