Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1KZTE fuel issues-wont run

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
terryo

Number of posts : 6
Home City : brisbane
Registration date : 2013-02-09

1KZTE fuel issues-wont run Empty
PostSubject: 1KZTE fuel issues-wont run   1KZTE fuel issues-wont run Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:06 am

I've got a Nov 1996 Super Custom with 1KZTE. Engine wont start. Has been running fine till then. I have traced the fault to no fuel getting into the pump. If i power up the fuel solenoid on the back of the pump, then it starts but revs uncontrollably.
I've looked at the various diagrams on this site and none of them exactly match this car. If anyone can refer me to a correct diagrram or a description of exactly what controls this solenoid, that would be great.
many thanks
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: 1KZTE fuel issues-wont run   1KZTE fuel issues-wont run Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 am

ECU controls it.

Lots of talk about capacitors failing in the ECU which may cause this problem.
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: 1KZTE fuel issues-wont run   1KZTE fuel issues-wont run Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:00 am

I had an issue with my SC where The airbag warning light was on so the place I bought it from swapped the ECU (the one in the left hand side B pillar).

It would run for a while then just stop with a bit of a stagger as if someone had turned the fuel off. If you waited a while it would start again and run for a while. I eventually pulled the trim off and found when it was failing it was seriously hot. I got my original ECU back and all was well. The airbag light I cleared eventually by tapping out a code through using the diagnostic port. I had turned the ignition on whilst having the dome lamp fuse out and caused an airbag warning light warning light. That was not a typo. It really was a warning that the warning wasn't warning. What a Face

In any case Clive might be on the money here. I ended up putting the ECU in the freezer (the dud one) and it did get it to run for longer. Might be worth a shot just to see if it gets it to start. Like using freeze spray on a circuit board it might temporarily fix a bad joint or overheating component. If it is a dud capacitor none of the above might apply of course. Neutral
Back to top Go down
terryo

Number of posts : 6
Home City : brisbane
Registration date : 2013-02-09

PostSubject: Re: 1KZTE fuel issues-wont run   1KZTE fuel issues-wont run Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:12 pm

I'd be really surprised if the ECU directly controlled the fuel solenoid. i expect there is a relay somewhere
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: 1KZTE fuel issues-wont run   1KZTE fuel issues-wont run Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:32 am

Yes but the ECU controls the relay.
1kzt E = Electronic injection
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1KZTE fuel issues-wont run   1KZTE fuel issues-wont run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1KZTE fuel issues-wont run
Page 1 of 1