Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Noisy engine, any clues?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MartW
Not so new now
Not so new now
MartW

Number of posts : 21
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Cruising Cabin, 1991
Registration date : 2018-12-23

Noisy engine, any clues? Empty
PostSubject: Noisy engine, any clues?   Noisy engine, any clues? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 9:50 pm

I'm after a bit of help identifying the cause of the rough sound I have in the engine of my 1991 Cruising Cabin with the 2.8 non-turbo diesel engine. It's most noticeable at low revs and when driving around town. I don't think I can hear it if I rev the engine while stationary nor when cruising at say 50mph+ but it is there at low revs while stationary.

I have just had the water pump changed in the hope it was that and some more fresh oil plus some thickener made no change. I recently changed the autobox oil as well, made no difference.

Video below with a recording of the sound.

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down
MartW
Not so new now
Not so new now
MartW

PostSubject: Re: Noisy engine, any clues?   Noisy engine, any clues? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 8:05 pm

Update, I have found a loose tensioner pulley - aircon, I'll replace that and see how the noise is after that. Fingers crossed.

g00se likes this post

Back to top Go down
MartW
Not so new now
Not so new now
MartW

PostSubject: Re: Noisy engine, any clues?   Noisy engine, any clues? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 11:38 am

Further update: it wasn't the idler pulley, but removing the belts from the alternator cleared the noise, so hopefully, a new alternator will solve the issue.

GPW likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noisy engine, any clues?   Noisy engine, any clues? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noisy engine, any clues?
Page 1 of 1