Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? Empty
PostSubject: Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount?   Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 2:57 pm

Hello folks

As part of my van’s refresh I’m needing to replace the rear engine mount, which actually sits atop the gearbox on my manual transmission.

Here’s a couple of pictures of the rear mount:
Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? 2022-033

Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? 2022-032

And here's a wider picture:
Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? 2022-034

And here's it still attached to the main bracket as this was the only way to remove it;
Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? 2022-035

The bolt is toast:
Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? 2022-036

My question is that the Electronic Parts Catalogue, see:

https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/engine/1107/12388/

also shows a ‘stopper’ that seems to sit over and around the mount, somehow. This stopper is in the above link and is PNC 12388, Toyota part 12388-67010 (discontinued) or 12388-67011.

I don’t have this part so presume it’s disintegrated or not been replaced sometime in the past or the EPC is wrong.

Questions are:

Has anyone who has replaced the rear engine mount also fitted this stopper part?
Does it fit with the aftermarket Febest rear engine mount that is seemingly all that’s available as Toyota has stopped making their rear engine mount?

Like my other post on Transfer Dynamic Damper I’m not expecting a host of answers but grateful if anyone knows anything about this.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Quinnjin78

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Wellington
Registration date : 2022-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount?   Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 10:33 pm

I'm having similar issues with the exact same mount in my KZH106 JRMET, '94 full time 4wd Manual Transmission Hiace...

The part is discontinued and I don't have time to find an aftermarket or 2nd hand replacement as my gear box is apart in a borrowed garage...
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 277
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount?   Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2024 10:26 am

Hi - I have the mount and the stopper for the automatic gearbox - the mount looks identical apart from the size of the plate that fixes to the gearbox - it's narrower on the auto. I bought both from amayama (the auto mount is still available as a Toyota part - I guess because of the predominance of the auto gearboxes).

The stopper seems to be generic for quite a few Toyota models. The replacement for the discontinued part looks different.

I haven't installed it yet - The current one doesn't look as bad as your photos -  but I think there may be a bit of vibration I want to address. I'll probably do it in the UK summer. I can see the old style stopper in situ at the moment.

It's unclear what the stopper does. When mounted, the main bearing surfaces look to be the ends of the metal tube passing through the mounting - so I don't think the stopper is there to stop vibrations. Maybe it's to avoid metal to metal contact if the mounting rubber collapses. Another possibility, I suppose, is that it covers the glued joint between the mounting case and its rubber/plastic insert - so it may be there to stop contaminants degrading and abrading the glue?

As for the Febest alternative - I don't think there's much in the way of minute tolerances you'd need to worry about. It's a fairly hefty thing - and non-OEM bits should be fine.

Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? Img_1110

Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? Img_1111

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount?   Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 6:26 pm

Many thanks for your reply, g00se!

Really good to see the pictures you posted.

The top part of the gearbox, where this fastens to sets the part, I think. I’ll have a look at the bolt spacing and send these to you, while you still have the new part unfitted. It’ll be useful to see whether they really are different or it’s just coding.

I’d recommend getting OEM engine mounts, but it might be necessary to go for aftermarket ones here. Interesting you still have the stopper. I think mine disappeared long ago.

Many of the non-OE parts don’t seem to have the stopper. Presumably as you say, this part has many uses and perhaps the stopper is only used if attached on Hiaces. Another odd gearbox part is the harmonic damper.

Thanks again!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount?   Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stopper, Engine Mounting Bracket, part of rear engine mount?
Page 1 of 1