Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear AC blower - Noisy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
efjay_167

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Mareeba
Registration date : 2022-03-14

Rear AC blower - Noisy Empty
PostSubject: Rear AC blower - Noisy   Rear AC blower - Noisy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 2:16 am

Hoping someone has tackled this before and can advise.

My 99 model, rear AC is cold ( I think) and blows but not much and is much louder overhead then I think it probably should be.

How do I get into there to clean/service the blower motor? I’m guessing the roof lining needs to come off. Again. Anyone got pics of links ?

Feel free to hit me up on FB Smile Fiona Fuller ( black dress being dramatic is my profile pic
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Rear AC blower - Noisy   Rear AC blower - Noisy Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 8:30 am

When we had ours the cover pops off after removing screws which were hidden behind the plastic grilles at the back and there were two or three clips at the front which could be released by pushing from behind once the rear was lowered. Yours may of course be totally different but if it has the grilles try prising them out (carefully as the old plastic is brittle) and see if there are screws / bolts there. I had to run some wiring through that area so I found out the hard way how to get in there.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Rear AC blower - Noisy   Rear AC blower - Noisy Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 7:38 pm

Hello efjay_167

I’ve not been into the rear AC area of my van but I think most have two blower motors. There are also lots of different variants and as others have said plenty of opportunity to break or damage something made from unobtainium.

Hopefully the fan is only dirty or has a dry bearing, which can be easily sorted.

Can I suggest that first thing is to try to identify which type you have?

Take a look here:
https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/electric/8714/

This shows the cooler units for my van (a LH119) and you can see that there are quite a few to choose from. As well as the cooler unit there are similar pages for controls and air ducts, and more for the piping etc. Together they might show you where all the fasteners are. A dental-style mirror on a stick plus torch or cheap USB camera ‘endoscope’ are also handy to have as these can reveal hidden clips etc.

I’d suggest you tailor the above EPC-data web pages to your exact van as based on the codes on your VIN or Frame plate, under the LH seat. This will give you the best chance to narrow down your options for this and also for other areas as you need. I’ve found this resource and the associated ‘amayama’ parts site the best, but there are others, too.

Also do a search of the forum. Someone else must have had the same problem and there might be a decent set of step-by-step pictures.

Once you have an idea how to tackle access I’d strongly advise using a trim removal toolset. Take a look here but there are loads of similar kits on Amazon, eBay etc:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/neilsen-CT2287-Trim-Removal-Moulding/dp/B004OEL4LW/ref=sr_1_43?keywords=trim+removal+tools&qid=1651083228&sr=8-43

Other plastic disassembly tools such as spudgers etc for electronics disassembly are also useful but the cheap trim kits will save you a lot of time and heartache as they distribute the necessary force once you have got screws and bolts removed and shouldn’t damage fragile or brittle plastic parts. Also take a look on YT for advice on these kits but they have saved me on so many occasions. Doesn’t your van deserve this!

Once you are able to get into the innards I think it should be fairly straightforward to get at the blower and deal with the issue there.

If you can, try taking some pictures and consider posting them here. It’ll help others!

Good luck and HTH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear AC blower - Noisy   Rear AC blower - Noisy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear AC blower - Noisy
Page 1 of 1