Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heater blower air box

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brunch007

Number of posts : 4
Home City : LOUGHBOROUGH
Registration date : 2022-09-24

Heater blower air box Empty
PostSubject: Heater blower air box   Heater blower air box Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2022 1:28 pm

I need a heater blower air box. For a 1992 Toyota hiace campervan.
Back to top Go down
nmcs

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Dublin
Model and year : 1996 3lt Turbo Auto Super Custom KZH138

1994 Landcruiser 80 Series
1998 Landcruiser Prado
1985 Landcruiser BJ70
Registration date : 2022-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Heater blower air box   Heater blower air box Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2022 8:18 pm

Wanted Intercooler / Aircon Air guide / Guard 1996 3Lt Diesel

I believe the part number is 88584-26030.

Brunch007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rus100
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 22
Home City : Wirral
Registration date : 2022-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Heater blower air box   Heater blower air box Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2022 5:08 am

Can anyone advise were i can get a set of kzh100 (2000) model headlights from
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Heater blower air box   Heater blower air box Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2022 12:00 pm

I believe there is an Hiace breaker in Bradford.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Heater blower air box   Heater blower air box Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 12:09 pm

Hello Brunch007, nmcs and Rus100 and welcome to the forum.

Interesting to read three posts looking for three types of parts requests in three completely different areas. A breaker might well be a good option for all of these but you could be waiting a long time before someone has anything in stock. Most of the best UK breakers now have either their own listings sites or use eBay so an online search perhaps with eBay might be a good place to start.

One thing to bear in mind, prob you already know this, is that these vans are rare in the UK, there are several different vehicle types and facelifted models and so most parts are vanishingly rare, especially for JDMs, which most of these are (mine is). I once had an old-ish French car that was once very common on our roads and when trying to find a part from my local breakers one time they said they’d binned all their parts to use the shelf space for more profitable and common models. Sad but true.

I keep meaning to write up a post on my various searches for parts but never find the time. Clearly what sets these requests as similar is that these are not simple catalogue parts such as fasteners, shocks, pads etc.

As such, you might need to look world-wide for these replacements. I’d certainly not limit myself to UK breakers or immediately head to my local Toyota dealership, but sometimes they are a good option, especially if the only other option is the far East. My local Toyota dealership has been really good and the parts department have been quick to come back with prices and availability on all sorts of bits and very free with their advice leaving me to buy from them or not.

Anyway, this short post:
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4468-part-numbers
really does have many of the best resources to use. The links there will help you find all the parts and their numbers (not always easy) on several global sites (including my favourites); by the way if you can’t find the thing you’re looking for (in the EPC) it’s probably in the electrical section. The other resources are useful for manuals etc.

As an aside the first thing I’d do would be to see if the parts I have can be repaired. Not teaching you all to suck eggs here but the intercooler is a good example. Replacing it with another 25y old one that might cost ~£200 (just a guess) might not be good value. I don’t know about the intercoolers, but the OEM radiators are copper and brass and far better than the aftermarket aluminium and plastic types. You can get the original copper and brass radiator re-cored for about the same cost of an aftermarket one and you’ll have a much better part. If the intercooler can be re-cored this is the route I’d go. I’ve had my main radiator and front heater matrix done.

HTH and good luck!

Brunch007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brunch007

Number of posts : 4
Home City : LOUGHBOROUGH
Registration date : 2022-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Heater blower air box   Heater blower air box Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 6:36 am

Thanks for the reply much appreciated. I have gone down the route of removing the heater matrix and everything attached to it and replaced it with a universal heater matrix off car builder solutions. Which is doing the job just fine. I was quoted 350 quid for a used original toyota one but decided to go down the new route, which was a easy install, far easier than replacing like for like as I think the whole dashboard would of had to come out to do a proper job. Also cheaper as the new heater cost me £168.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Heater blower air box   Heater blower air box Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2023 4:56 pm

Hello. I like your plan and wasn’t aware of car builder solutions so thanks for that.

I’d be interesting to see a picture of your setup. The pipes for the original heater matrix feed up behind the grill into the cabin to the base of the unit and the heat valve is there too, so it’s perhaps not too hard to replace the original part. Much harder I imagine to duct the warm air to be useful. I’d expect the screen de-mist and A/C to be difficult.

Yes, the dash has to come out to take the HVAC box out, which has the heater matrix inside. It’s a tricky job but I’ve never seen a car or van that has an easy to swap heater matrix. Mine was quite rusted but didn’t leak so I got it re-cored as insurance.

I think putting in a well-used original matrix would be false economy and my re-core cost just a little more than your new heater. I couldn’t find a new unit and the core is quite unusual (so I was told) hence the price. I’ll just be glad if it lasts as long as the original.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heater blower air box   Heater blower air box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heater blower air box
Page 1 of 1