Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carley

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Qualicum Beach
Registration date : 2022-06-09

Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door?   Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 8:31 pm

Hey guys, I’m wondering if any of you have any suggestions on how to fix a stuck back door on the 91 hiace?

If I pull the back handle it clicks and I can wiggle the door but the mechanism that latches the door won’t release for some reason. On the rare occasion I can get it to open, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when, though it seems to help if the van is running… Though that may just be a weird coincidence?

When I can randomly get it open then it doesn’t want to latch closed again.

I’d super appreciate any thoughts or suggestions anyone has on how I could fix this! Can’t get my boat in otherwise so major bummer lol

I’ve tried spraying lubricant into the latch mechanism but that doesn’t seem to help. Also flipping the door locks on and off a bunch of times which also seems hit or miss.

Thanks so much!
Carley
Back to top Go down
nieldavis
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Home City : Widecombe in the Moor
Model and year : 1993 Hi-Ace 2.8 LH-129 part time 4WD
Registration date : 2017-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door?   Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2023 7:01 am

Hiya
I had an issue on the tailgate on my ‘93 3L (diesel) LH-129 which may help you. The tailgate would open from the inside but not the outside.

On mine, there’s a large access panel on the inside, under the rear windscreen. It’s easy to remove and the fasteners are visible.

Once it was off, the broken bit was obvious (I’m afraid I can’t remember exactly which bit was broken though!) and it was a cheap part that Toyota got hold of for me through the parts desk, 25 quid or thereabouts I think.

I seem to remember needing to remove a bit of trim from the outside around the handle to fit it, but again, it was an easy job - old school screws/bolts etc.

One of those jobs that I put off for ages, but once I bit the bullet, it was quick and easy and I remember wishing I’d done it sooner.

Can you see an access panel on the inside? If you can, my suggestion will be to take it off and take a look - hopefully it will become clear.

Hope this is of some help
Niel
Back to top Go down
Carley

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Qualicum Beach
Registration date : 2022-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door?   Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 1:00 am

Oh that’s great thank you. Yes there is a big panel there. I’ll check that out and see how I do Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door?   Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a suggestion for a stuck back door?
Page 1 of 1