Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 60
Home City : Bendigo Vic
Model and year : Original Super Custom 1993 KHZ-001 apparently but comes in various names, in the USA she's a wagon or a DT custom, over here she (could be) may be called an RHZ.
Registration date : 2017-07-19

SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Empty
PostSubject: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 4:34 am

Isn't that helpful.  That's all you'll get from a 61 year old female who keeps trying to close the sliding door and the stupid light on the dash says a door is open and it's definitely that one.  If it wasn't for the handyman who came to do something for me I'd not have known, but I've put the pic up here and hope you know what I'm talking about.  I hope you can see them cos i have trouble working out how to load them.  Anyway, this is the side of the sliding door on the van 1993 super custom 1KZ-TE.  Now, the four goldy-silver buttony things above this thingy are fine, this, whatever it is, seems to tell the door it's closed so that the light doesn't come on, on the dash. It has broken OUT of its hole (so the rubber housing I guess has died and is badly deteriorated (looks like it's been glued before - it fell out and down and the handyman had to align it and hold it so when we closed the door it was definitely the culprit) and won't now sit in place.  I'm actually scared to close the door now as the super glue - well, let's just say I have tried super glue and I'll find out in about ten more minutes - but I wanted more to know what the thing is called in case I have to find a part or make it stay in place some other way.  Is it the side door relay switch or what is it?  Can anyone advise anything about name, how to get, where to get etc. I'm in Bendigo Australia.
Cheers.

SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Img_2413
SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Img_2413
Back to top Go down
geoffreyKZH138V
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 45
Home City : Moffat Beach
Registration date : 2021-09-05

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 12:29 pm

I had mine out yesterday (2001 Super Custom shouldn't be different i expect) .... there are universal ebay replacements..... but you need to snip existing wiring and rewire... easy peasy. The genuine repacement has a 30cm wire... which disconnects behind the panel aft of the b pillar... so a bit of work to access that. You know about the aussie facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1141854499504688/?ref=share
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

Model and year : Original Super Custom 1993 KHZ-001 apparently but comes in various names, in the USA she's a wagon or a DT custom, over here she (could be) may be called an RHZ.

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 1:21 pm

But what is it even called and how does it fit in if it’s a different model and what am I asking for on eBay? I won’t be cutting any wires. I wouldn’t have a clue! But any advice appreciated. So long as I know what I’m asking for
Back to top Go down
geoffreyKZH138V
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 45
Home City : Moffat Beach
Registration date : 2021-09-05

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 1:47 pm

Ok.. maybe go to an auto electrician.... you appear to be looking for a diy solution but are not fully invested in learning how to do that. An auto electrician will offer the 2 solutions above 1.a toyota oem plug and play part or 2. generic part requiring a minimal cutband rewire. If you want the first, get yourself down to a toyota dealer and get that part... likely same as aussie hiace dame year. If you want to truly engage in a diy solution grab your frame number and put that into epc-data.... drill down into the schematics and grab the oem part number. Good luck jgls!

oops...i thought you were talking about the door jamb switch that activates the courtesy light

Last edited by geoffreyKZH138V on Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 3:52 pm

Hello.

Please see my post here: https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4390-sliding-door-adaptor

That covered a slightly different problem but the same door area. The advice and sources are the same and that post has the info you need to get sorted.

HTH
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 10:11 pm

That part in the pics is what operate the auto-soft-close but I’m not sure that’s what signals that the door is open or closed and triggers the interior lights. I think that job is done by a button on the rear edge of the door. The same type of button as on the front doors - a little rubber shrouded press-button.

If the door isn’t quite pressing that button any more (age, frame flex, door bent) the button plunger can be modified and extended a bit by pulling the rubber shroud off and adding a blob of hot-glue stick.
Cut a small knob (1/2 a cm) of glue stick off and attach it by holding with pliers, melting one edge with a lighter and sticking it on.

To reattach the part in the pics, instead of superglue I’d try silicon sealant to try to rebuild and hold it in place. Use a modified silicon (“MS”) so more can be added if required once it’s cured.
Mine cracked in half and epoxy glue worked for a while but the shocks of closing eventually fractured the glue.

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 10:45 pm

Yes, I think Pete_nz is right.

I've just had a look at my van and there is a 'typical door close' "squashy" pin with a corrugated cover at the rear of the sliding door. I hadn't spotted this on the sliding door before. It's exactly the same as the front door 'open signal' switches on the B pillars. These are used across a lot of the Toyota range and easy to find in the EPC and easy to test and sort as required.

If there are also problems at the front of the sliding door with the electrical contacts (as seems likely) then my above post is still relevant and either way the EPC and some simple testing will be the way forward.

As a tinkerer I'd advise you to get out into your shed and get tinkering!

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 11:26 pm

Guys, i'm not looking for a DIY solution, I'm just wanting to know what the thing is actually called because i want to get one. I have superglued the housing back into place and it is working for the moment, but I just want the name of the thing that's all. I don't need to do any buttons or anything, I just need it to stay put and the rubber seal around it has deteriorated and is falling out. I just want to know what it's called.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 12:09 am

That part name and code is
69413 - STOP, SLIDE DOOR DOWN MALE
The specific part number of my year van is:
STOP, SLIDE DOOR DOWN MALE  69416-95J01

But as mentioned it may not solve your problem.

As for DIY, it’s a 30 year old van. Many/most of the parts of these vans are peculiar to the model and Toyota stopped making and supplying many of them long ago.  Many solutions will by necessity be “DIY” whether you do them yourself or get a pro to do the same they require modifications rather than just “remove and replace”.

jgls and geoffreyKZH138V like this post

Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 12:35 am

THANKS GUYS. GOT ONE. Someone wrecking my year and make up north. Still had the housing. Not cheap but not complaining.
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 12:36 am

And in pretty good nick, he said looks like slightly glued at bottom - better than the one I currently have which is glued everywhere and will probably shatter when I open the door again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN    SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SLIDING DOOR THINGY HAS SLIPPED SO SAYS DOOR IS OPEN
Page 1 of 1