Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wazza61

Number of posts : 17
Home City : South West Rocks NSW Australia
Model and year : 1996 KZH100 Super Custom 2WD Auto. !KZ-TE 3.0L Turbo Diesel.
Registration date : 2013-06-03

Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time Empty
PostSubject: Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time   Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi, Our 1996 KZH100 Super Custom has the door open light on the dash lit all the time. This happened a few months ago. Since then the little illuminated ring around the ignition key is also lit all the time. Not sure if these issues are connected. Not sure where to start without a wiring diagram. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm worried about draining the battery if the car isn't used for a day or two.

Regards
Wazza
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time   Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Which door is indicating open? If it's the sliding side door, giving the contacts on door and door pillar a brush up with some emery paper may solve it. Apparently it's also not uncommon for the plastic connector block on the door frame to crack, allowing a bit of movement.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time   Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:26 am

One door and/or lock not shutting properly try contacts as suggested. Does an interior light come on also?

May only be a little light but beware of it draining the battery.
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time   Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:07 am

There's something else worth checking which I just found today.  My side door open lights started flickering but the normal clean-up, including spraying WD40 into the sensor in the rear door frame, didn't solve the problem.  Further checking revealed that the bolts in the locking pin were very loose.  This pin is on the rear of the sliding door frame at about waist height.  This is the pin which the automatic closer latches on to, so the door wasn't being fully pulled into place.  About 99% of the time the problems are electrical but on this occasion the warning did actually indicate that something was wrong. Smile
Back to top Go down
wazza61

PostSubject: Re: Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time   Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:08 am

Hi All,

Just thought I would let you know that it was the passenger side front door switch. I think that it is the switch itself. I might take a look at the wreckers. Maybe the standard Australian Hiaces used the same switch.
Back to top Go down
wazza61

PostSubject: Re: Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time   Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:06 am

The door switch is fixed but I found out the hard way that you must use the Hiace door switch. I tried one from a Camry that looked almost the same and went in but you have to push against the door for the light to go out. The door switch from an Australian Hiace is identical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time   Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Door Open Warning Light & key illumination on all the time
Page 1 of 1