Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transfer case Woes (4WD Only)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wedgefanatic

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Tubac, AZ
Model and year : 1996 Super custom 4WD
Registration date : 2023-06-22

Transfer case Woes (4WD Only) Empty
PostSubject: Transfer case Woes (4WD Only)   Transfer case Woes (4WD Only) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 5:58 am

Hello fellow owners:
  I bought my Ace a year ago in Jan, got it for a good price but I had to fly to the East Coast to pick it up and drive it back to AZ. Unfortunately I still consider myself a new owner because it spent much of the year in the shop. I am proud to say it was mostly just waiting for parts not that it is constantly breaking down, But that is not to say that I haven't experienced some growing pains.
   Firstly, I would like to say that if you ever need a new transfer case, the US Spec Previa uses the exact one. Unfortunately, they are still hard to find, and it appears that a Cartel is running the used part business, best thing I can recommend is to be patient, kind, and expect strange business practices. At first they will all tell you that they have the part in stock, and when you inquire why the part hasn't arrived they may say they pulled it out and they didn't like the condition of the part and they had to find it from someplace else.
   Secondly Don't always trust the guarantee! I have needed two transfer cases because the first one pooped out after a month and these places tend not to answer the phone when you have a problem...or they go out of business, or they just bug out and disappear.
   Next, once they pull the part try and see if you can pick it up there yourself trust me unless you live in Alaska this will save you time in the long run. Also be prepared to pay a different price than what was additionally quoted to you there are a lot of hidden fees, I delt with this twice so beware.
   Lastly, I'm sure of the part suppliers aren't all bad but I have delt with 2 of them and heard the same excuses when there were long delays to my parts arriving to include getting lost. I did get my second part but they sent it to the wrong address, this will happen if you need that part delivered to the Garage or if your billing information is different from your mailing address.

I just thought I would share this
Peace and take care.
Back to top Go down

Transfer case Woes (4WD Only)
Page 1 of 1