Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transfer case

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mal_1200
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Jerilderie
Model and year : 1994 CS Limited
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Transfer case Empty
PostSubject: Transfer case   Transfer case Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:26 am

G'day punters, what can anyone tell me about the transfer case on the rear of an auto on a 94 SC 3.0, should I be able to drive with the CV joints removed? how hard is it to obtain the rear transmission housing off a 2WD auto and probably a different tail shaft, I don't require or desire 4WD, (does that bloke still want a front diff)?
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Transfer case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer case   Transfer case Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:15 am

Dude... Why would you want do this?? The fuel savings would be bugger all? And the cost to convert it would not be worth it. Mate just enjoy your 4wd and it's safe handling.
Back to top Go down
Mal_1200
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Jerilderie
Model and year : 1994 CS Limited
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Transfer case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer case   Transfer case Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 am

Yeah its all good, found a seized uni joint on the front drive shaft, cured my vibration hassles.
Back to top Go down
Jeepman
Jeepman

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Whakatane, New Zealand
Model and year : 94 Supercustom x 2 One for the wife and one for me.
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Transfer case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer case   Transfer case Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 2:49 am

Hi, I have a KD-KZH116G-GHMDT with Tans/axle R351F G292 Full time 4WD with high range only and want to fit a box with low range. Can anyone help please. Thanks

Quinnjin78 likes this post

Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Transfer case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer case   Transfer case Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 9:14 pm

That is the million dollar question. Can you cobble together a part-time 4wd 3.0L Turbo SC using the LH107's running gear and a KZH106's body/engine? It seems like it would be a substantial undertaking.

Some things to consider:

1. Determine if LH107 t-case mates up to your KZH106 transmission (LH107's transmission is A45DE), if not, does LH107 transmission mate to 1KZ engine?
2. You'd need to determine what all vacuum lines/actuators/switches/wiring might be needed for the swap, since LH107 has a 4wd button on the dash to engage 4wd in the t-case.
3. You'd need LH107 locking hubs
4. Do you need to replace front diff/prop shaft/axles with LH107 versions?
5. You'd need the low-range lever for in the cab and its all cabling-related mounting/routing bits
6. You'd need to remove the portion of the center console in front of the PRNDL gear selector to mount the low-range lever. You would probably have to fab a hole in the floor pan as well as mounting points for the lever and its routing bits.

You can't just bolt on the PT 4wd t-case and go as there are no locking hubs on the 1KZ SC's, without these hubs you'd be locked into permanent 50:50 split F/R 4wd, which won't be pavement friendly (and that's after getting vacuum to the t-case to activate 4wd, otherwise you'd only have rwd).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Transfer case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfer case   Transfer case Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfer case
Page 1 of 1