Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US

Go down 
+3
N3870V
blgravely
njaco8829
7 posters
AuthorMessage
njaco8829

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Asheville NC
Registration date : 2022-09-06

looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Empty
PostSubject: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 3:55 pm

Hey all, I am looking to pick up a 1994 Toyota Hiace, it seems to be in good condition however the windshield is cracked, Its a pretty large crack and I dont want to get it if I cannot find a new windshield to potentially replace if it cannot be repaired. Anyone know a few places I could order one? Also what year models use the same windshield? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 5:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have a similar issue that I’ve been looking at today so your question is very timely.

My windscreen is fine but there’s some rust around it and in order to fix this I think it’ll be best to remove the screen, sort the repair and then stick the screen back.

I called a couple of places who do screen replacement and have had an interesting discussion and quote from one of them and I think you should probably follow the same course of action.

The company said they’d charge ~£150 to remove then put back the original screen with two visits, but they would only do this if they can source and get a replacement in case it breaks when taking it out. No replacement available, no job. They have found a replacement that costs ~£350. It doesn’t have the tint as these are not available anymore they said. If the original breaks on removal or fitting I’d only pay the £350. If they can do the job with the original screen I pay the £150 and the bought screen will go back to the supplier.

Of note they cannot find the screen seal so I’d need to get this. It’s ~£100. This has the same part number from 89 to 05/06 and I'd expect all the screens to be the same, just varying on tint.

Now I know this is a separate issue to you but I’d get the windscreen company to do the legwork. If you need a screen that needs swapping, call up a few and get quotes. The ~90s Hiaces are very rare here but screens are available.

In terms of parts etc my go to parts catalogue for my van is here:

https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/

Tailor your exact van, based on the frame / VIN plate and use this and the ‘amayama’ catalogue it links through to to search for parts (again you can specify your van. To identify the engine check the number stamped on the block, which is very hard to read or look at the 'V-Belt' reference in the engine part of the above link (once tailored), or post a picture in your 'show us' pages.

You can get the winscreen part numbers on the EPC, but a replacement will likely come from a supplier that uses a different system.

Other sites are Megazip etc that have the same parts listings.

For catalogue parts, such as from DENSO or AISIN etc, which are those that lots of manufacturers make equivalents for then cross-reference these with Autodoc (etc). Again here you can set up an account and tailor the site to your exact van, well sort of, but all these use the same Toyota parts numbers.

If you’ve not got the manuals from https://www.hiacesoutheast.com/hiace-manuals then get them. The electrical manual there is probably the best I’ve seen. There are also lots of repositories for these, but many want you to subscribe or pay. There’s no need. There are also a few on this forum here that have shared around various catalogues. Just search.

Finally, my local Toyota dealership has been very good and I try not to ask them questions I can get answers to elsewhere but sometimes there is no alternative to OEM. I sometimes tag on a related question about the next job when I can’t find answers on the occasional time I’m ordering something from them.

HTH!

njaco8829 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 5:23 pm

BTW

The Amayama site is good to search a parts ‘area’ then you can narrow down by options and look across various years. It’s a bit more dynamic than the EPC as it (the EPC) has to have the options specified in advance.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 3:07 am

Hey Buddy. We just had to get a L/R glass shipped to Washington because someone shot it with a pellet gun.

Struggle was none of the glass is still in production. Nobody in the US had it either. Had to buy it off a site that is basically yahoo auctions Japan. The site acts like a broker and handles shipping. That was the only option in July.

I would give it a shot. They have windshields now. Shipping will be tremendous as they only ship UPS worldwide overnight.  At least you’ll get it quick and they are reputable.

4th Gen Hiaces are 1989 to around 2004 so you have a large spread to search.

Link is below:

https://autoparts.beforward.jp/search/TOYOTA/HIACE/Mirrors---Windshields/Front-Windshields-Glass/?limit=20&direction=desc&sort=sort_new_arrivals&list_type=list

Good luck njaco8829

-Bryan

Back to top Go down
N3870V

Number of posts : 15
Home City : Wentzville
Registration date : 2022-11-14

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 12:54 pm

I am currently going thru the windshield dilemma for my Hiace. I contacted Amayama as listed above, the only problem is they will not ship windshields to the US. I found one at JP-CARPARTS.com, great price of 200 US dollars, however they want 1700.00 US dollars to ship it!!!! I could probably get a round trip ticket and put in in my luggage for cheaper. Still looking!!
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 279
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 2:09 pm

Hi N3870V - just wondering if your screen is bonded in place or uses a rubber seal? There are posts that UK imported Hiace Compact panel vans' screens will fit if it's the rubber seal type. That may be another option?

Steve
Back to top Go down
N3870V

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 6:19 pm

Steve: Thanks for the reply - It is a rubber seal type. Are these UK imported posts located on this Hiace owners forum website? Sal
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
N3870V

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 3:40 pm

OK, so I broke down and bought my daughter a windshield for her 1995 Hiace.  As I previously mentioned JP-CARPARTS.com wanted $200.00 and an additional $1700.00 to ship it.  Found a guy parting out a Hiace in WA state but wanted 2500.00 for it and I had to take it off!!  Amayama has windshields but will not ship windshields to the US.  

So I ended up buying one for $133.00 on the Japanese Yahoo auction web site.  After you purchase it, they send it to a company called Buyee who handles their international shipping.  The shipping was $837.00.  All this has taken 2 weeks so far, and they are supposed to ship it out next week.  I have the links below for the site, just type in the part number you are looking for.   There is a 15 hour difference so any e-mail questions take at least 2-3 days for answers to questions.  After I bought it, they did require that I give them the model number and chassis number.  I sent them a photo of the tag on the van.  

When you see the words "no blur" in the windshield description, this means that the glass is clear.  There are other part numbers that they have for the same windshield, but they indicate that the windshield has a green or blue tint.  The part number for my Hiace is 56111-95J22.

I also bought from the amayama web site the windshield rubber seal, since mine is not bonded and installed using the rubber weather seal.  Didnt want to take any chances when the old one comes off that this 28 year old seal will still be usable.  The darn seal was $95.00, and another $90.00 to ship it!!!

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/1067288020?conversionType=browsing_history

I will repost when the windshield arrives.  

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/1067288020?conversionType=browsing_history
Back to top Go down
Stephen

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Portland, Or, USA
Registration date : 2020-10-30

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 5:19 pm

N3870V wrote:
 The shipping was $837.00.  

Thanks for sharing the details of your Buyee experience. Are you in the PNW? In October 2022, another member told me shipping was $388 for him, so this is a shocking increase!

Back to top Go down
N3870V

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 10:01 pm

Stephen: Yes, the van is in Aberdeen WA. That is quite the jump in shipping costs!! They didnt offer me any options like cheaper shipping, just sent an e-mail stating what it was.
Back to top Go down
N3870V

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2023 1:10 pm

Final windshield update.  The windshield has arrived and my daughter indicated that it was in perfect condition.  She stated the package was packed extremely well.

I now know why the shipping was $837.00 - Because it arrived in 4 days!!!!!  They shipped it air on the 13th, and it arrived at her place on the 16th!!  It even went air freight from LA to Seattle!!  I had no idea this was how it was shipped, I assumed boat and shipping container.  When I checked the tracking, I could not believe it arrived in LA the next day.

I didn't ask for air shipping and that was probably my fault.  When they indicated that the shipping cost was processed and to go to the link and pay for it, I assumed they would send it the cheapest way, and that if I wanted the fastest shipping method I could inquire for it.  My fault was not sending an e-mail and asking for different shipping methods.  Lesson learned!

Now I am waiting for the windshield weather seal which is sitting in LA.  Has been 14 days for the seal, that must have come by the boat.

Hope this helps someone in the future if they need a windshield - N3870V.
Back to top Go down
Stephen

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2023 9:32 pm

N3870V wrote:
Final windshield update.  The windshield has arrived and my daughter indicated that it was in perfect condition.  She stated the package was packed extremely well.

I now know why the shipping was $837.00 - Because it arrived in 4 days!!!!!

Glad to hear that it arrived safely! From what I gather from other members, Buyee only offers super fast air shipping for items like windshields.

Do you happen to have a record of the box dimensions and shipping weight? I've been punching some estimates into the Buyee shipping calculator (hoping maybe that the market will shift and costs will go down?), but I'm only guessing on the dimensions.
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2023 9:42 pm

Hi. Just a heads up if you’re going to use buyee and that is to check out neokyo too. I found the shipping info and prices easier to identify ahead of shipping. It searches the same sites (yahoo auctions, rakuten etc).
Back to top Go down
Stephen

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2023 9:52 pm

g00se wrote:
Hi. Just a heads up if you’re going to use buyee and that is to check out neokyo too. I found the shipping info and prices easier to identify ahead of shipping. It searches the same sites (yahoo auctions, rakuten etc).

Neokyo appears to have a 20kg max weight on shipments to the US. Thanks for the tip, something to keep in mind for smaller items.
Back to top Go down
N3870V

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 11:52 am

Stephen - The final shipping dimensions and weight are as follows: weight 24,140g (53.2 lbs); 103cm (3.4 ft) x 30cm (1 ft) x 165cm (5.4 ft)
Back to top Go down
Stephen

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2023 2:59 pm

N3870V wrote:

Stephen - The final shipping dimensions and weight are as follows:  weight 24,140g (53.2 lbs); 103cm (3.4 ft) x 30cm (1 ft) x 165cm (5.4 ft)

Thanks, that very helpful!
Back to top Go down
Halen

Home City : Austin
Registration date : 2023-09-29

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2023 4:40 pm

I hate having this be my first post, but my 1994 Hiace front sunroof was smashed during a recent hail storm. Is there by chance a US company where I can source a replacement? If not is there a company in Japan I can order from?
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 9:30 pm

I wrote almost everything I know about windscreens and seals here: https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4504-windscreen-trim-removal?highlight=windscreen#25208

It’s not really US-focused but Hiaces were not that common here either. I found normal windscreen companies helpful for the screens but not the seals etc.

There's also a fairly long post at the top of my show us yours section that includes a non-exhaustive list of international parts suppliers and how to find part numbers.

Sorry not to be more helpful but good luck!

HTH!!
Back to top Go down
Halen

Home City : Austin
Registration date : 2023-09-29

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 9:51 pm

LH119V wrote:

I wrote almost everything I know about windscreens and seals here: https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4504-windscreen-trim-removal?highlight=windscreen#25208

It’s not really US-focused but Hiaces were not that common here either. I found normal windscreen companies helpful for the screens but not the seals etc.

There's also a fairly long post at the top of my show us yours section that includes a non-exhaustive list of international parts suppliers and how to find part numbers.

Sorry not to be more helpful but good luck!

HTH!!

Thank you very much for the reply! I have tried several of the links that were provided to search for a replacement, but have not had any luck.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 10:02 pm

No Problem.

I think there’s one link in my SUY post to a Japanese breaker site and I’ve seen screens on there. Seems a bit fraught to ship a second hand screen from Japan. The sites linked to the EPC also sell them new.

Like I said I was pleased that my local windscreen companies could get a screen but not seals so I’ve not looked any further.

There are a few posts on here from US owners looking for screens so it’s likely a common problem. Sadly it’s not too easy to search the site for these and few report back with success.

Ho Hum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US   looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for a 1994 windshield, in the US
Page 1 of 1