Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 60
Home City : Bendigo Vic
Model and year : Original Super Custom 1993 KHZ-001 apparently but comes in various names, in the USA she's a wagon or a DT custom, over here she (could be) may be called an RHZ.
Registration date : 2017-07-19

QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR Empty
PostSubject: QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR   QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 11:19 pm

Hi gang. 1993 super custom auto diesel etc. Do BOTH front seats join up with the seats behind them to form beds? I only have the double seat behind the driver still installed and don't know whether to take it out and put a proper campervan set up bed in there or add the seat behind passenger's for second "bed" (if they both turn into them). Also, how on earth do I find a tow bar for this thing? OMGaaaaawd!
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR   QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 9:55 pm

I think there are a lot of different seating configurations so it's hard to say. What I can say about my seating is that the middle row of seats has a turntable base that takes up a large amount of room leaving very little storage space underneath. If storage is an issue for you, putting a proper bed in is the way to go.
Towbars - I found somebody in Brisbane that was prepared to make a custom bar so you may find one with a bit of searching. I think the issue is that they have to be engineer designed and load tested.

jgls likes this post

Back to top Go down
Merlin_
Not so new now
Not so new now
Merlin_

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Nelson BC
Model and year : 92 Hiace 4x4 Diesel Cruising Cabin
99 Tercel ce *mint*
00 Tacoma *loved and now lost, sold to buy my van!*
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR   QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2022 7:56 pm

I had to customize a generic tow bar to fit he 3 per sides m14? I think fine threaded holes in the rear frame and I would highly recommend removing the fuel tank to gain access
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mjr760
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR   QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUERY ABOUT SEATS AND TOW BAR
Page 1 of 1