Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RAINYDAY

Number of posts : 12
Home City : NORFOLK
Registration date : 2018-01-04

HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 am

I have a 2001 Toyota Hiace LWB 4 X 4 High Top - it is running fine but started making a kind of loud whirring noise not when stationery but kicks in when driving a lot of the time. My mechanic has isolated this to a pump underneath the vehicle which has coolant running through it. He isn't sure what it is - he thinks water pump but there is no part number on it and of course no manual. I have found a company that can supply a waterpump but I am not entirely sure that this is what it is. I have attached photos - if anyone can help me I would be really grateful. I have been quoted two parts on is £150 (Toyota Original.com)  and one is £395 (A Toyota dealer - but not sure if either of these are the right thing.

HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Img_1710
HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Img_1711
Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm

I have now been told that this is not a water pump and no one knows what it is - nightmare. Any advice gratefully received.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi, please give the chassis number, or at least engine model. Like 3 liter turbo, or 2.4 non-turbo.
It would be best to give the chassis number which starts with something like LH113 or KZH110 or so, on the VIN plate. (under driver chair when ligting the engine cover)

The black lines are coolant lines?

And specify where this picture is taken. That is not clear at all.
Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi number is KZH1381001071 2980 CC AUTOMATIC

The picture was taken by mechanic underneath the vehicle not entirely sure where as I didn't see it on the ramp but it is not in the engine it is underneath.
Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Sorry yes it is my understanding that the black lines are coolant lines
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 12:50 pm

I found it. It seems to be some kind of electrical water pump, it seems to me that it is helping the coolant system to get round to some kind of rear interior heater?

Part number is 16290-67010

Check this link, and click Image 2
http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&fig=1603&part=1629067010

Or here, on the right.

HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE 711140_1603_0004
Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Thank you so much - that is actually the part number that my mechanic was given, but this is unavailable now I am advised. I did email jp car parts yesterday tosee if they have one, have you any experience of ordering from them or any idea what you can do if a part like this is no longer available?
Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm

We have a diesel heater in the back but we never use it we are going to take it out and there is airconditoning in the vehicle do you think it may be this? it isn't needed to run the vehicle by the sound of it -
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 1:02 pm

They discuss it in this thread:
http://forums.toyspeed.org.nz/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90700

They are naming prices of $130 which is very cheap.

However, maybe you can replace it with one from a wrecker. Or just some similar pump, as they say in that thread.

Did you call a local Toyota dealership and ask the price for that part number?

In the end it is just a waterpump. So maybe you can replace it with a generic one.
Just an example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-12V-Electric-Water-Pump-EWP-Coolant-Pump-Heating-Pump-/270970723560
Although it is hard to say if it offers the same flow.

Last edited by Hiace4wd on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Thank you you have been so helpful I do appreciate it -
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 pm

Alternatively, you could bring it to a company that can repair any kind of electrical motor. As the brushed may have worn out, such a company will be able to fix it.

This is a company what I found searching on Norfolk (but Norfolk in which country are you in?)
https://www.caddellelectric.net/
Back to top Go down
RAINYDAY

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Thanks again, we are Norfolk UK but there is such a company here - will call them tomorrow - thanks for your help today, some things to research now, just driven 140 miles running fine, but noise is driving me crazy now!
Back to top Go down
egecko

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Portland, Ore
Model and year : 1998 KZH100 SC G 1KZ-TE 2BY FC43
Registration date : 2024-02-29

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 9:09 am

Electric water pump to circulate cooling fluid to the air to water intercooler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE   HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A PUMP QUERY PLEASE
Page 1 of 1