Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LH119 Heater controls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gissit
Not so new now
Not so new now
Gissit

Number of posts : 41
Home City : Gloucester
Model and year : 4X4 LH119 3L Engine
Registration date : 2020-10-15

LH119 Heater controls Empty
PostSubject: LH119 Heater controls   LH119 Heater controls Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 8:07 pm

Hi
New here today.
I have been busy lately getting lots of jobs done but I am struggling with something after changing the heater matrix.
On the right side of the heater box where the cable operated mechanism and there is a linkage that I cannot see where is is supposed to attach. I think it was disconnected before I started and there is no obvious thing to connect it to.
Any help very much appreciated. It is s short metal rod with a coarse thread that looks like is screws into something .

Brian

LH119 Heater controls 20201012
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: LH119 Heater controls   LH119 Heater controls Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 12:32 am

Hi there.

I've ben fixing my heater controls, too. I've had a problem with the heat select lever and I had no illumination at the control panel so have had the unit out (while the dash loock like the exploded diagram, too).

Anyway, I don't recognise the part you're pointing to so I was wondering if you have a photo taken slightly further out? I know this can be really difficult but if you can post something (or perhaps you've worked it out now) then please update?

While my heater unit is out I'm happy to upload a picture or two but it's quite different, sorry.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: LH119 Heater controls   LH119 Heater controls Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 7:04 pm

Hello.

I re-found this post by accident and as I have my heater box out (total nightmare to do) I took some pictures. This rod couples to a small plastic piece (see below):

LH119 Heater controls 2022-011

The purpose is to connect the heater hot-cold (heater matrix) unit that the grey Bowden cable connect to and moves the mechanism on the RHS of the hot-cold box to the flap control unit that directs the air to the vents. Sort of vent control. The articulation of vent controls is very complicated and a sheer work of genius.

Hope these pictures also help:

LH119 Heater controls 2022-012

LH119 Heater controls 2022-010

The plastic part that you’ve lost is also used on the top of the hot-cold (heater matrix) unit that the hot-cold cable links to, to regulate the temp.

Let me know if you need any further pictures, but sorry, I can’t find the part on my parts catalogue, which is strange.

HTH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LH119 Heater controls   LH119 Heater controls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LH119 Heater controls
Page 1 of 1