Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mystery switches and controls!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Mystery switches and controls! Empty
PostSubject: Mystery switches and controls!   Mystery switches and controls! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 11:56 am

Hi everyone Smile

I thought it may be good to have a thread for working out what different controls and switches do if it's not apparent from turning them on and off.

I'll kick off with two switches in the dash of my 97 SC.

Info
On the dash there is a switch to the left of the curtain controls, near the radio. It says up/auto/down. I found that it had something to do with the auto tolling system when I ripped out the wiring and parts for that so now I have a spare powered switch for a project if needed.

Question
There is another switch in the dash facia to the right of the steering column with what looks like a fog light symbol on it. My foggies work ok, but off the light stalk with a rotary twist switch, so what is this other one? It doesn't have driving lights.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mystery switches and controls!   Mystery switches and controls! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:01 pm

Curtain lights on the dash! mine are on the back of the centre console.

My book shows a switch to the right of the column but is an "idelup" switch which "increases the engine revelations". It is to make the engine turn faster when stopped so the heater works better. (for the snow version vehicle).
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.

PostSubject: Re: Mystery switches and controls!   Mystery switches and controls! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Admin wrote:
Curtain lights on the dash! mine are on the back of the centre console.

My book shows a switch to the right of the column but is an "idelup" switch which "increases the engine revelations". It is to make the engine turn faster when stopped so the heater works better. (for the snow version vehicle).

Yeah, I have idle up and it operates ok. Can be used for creeping on inclines etc as well. The switch in question is further left of idle up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mystery switches and controls!   Mystery switches and controls! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:41 pm

I guess there are (like has been suggested) loads of different variants.
My book does show a switch to the left of the "idle up" but has it down as a side sliding door open / close switch. (not for the snow version though)

Pics of dashes with version info could be useful
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Mystery switches and controls!   Mystery switches and controls! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 2:44 am

Admin wrote:
I guess there are (like has been suggested) loads of different variants.
My book does show a switch to the left of the "idle up" but has it down as a side sliding door open / close switch. (not for the snow version though)

Pics of dashes with version info could be useful

Yep,I'm doing pics for this tongue .
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Mystery switches and controls!   Mystery switches and controls! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:49 am

i have a switch to the right of steering colomn with a light on it i thought fog (driving ) lights. well i was wrong Evil or Very Mad
it dims headlights when you are stopped at traffic lights or other reason, then when accelerating it brings headlights back to normal, power saving device. Bloody great idea tojo cheers
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Mystery switches and controls!   Mystery switches and controls! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:41 am

ruffnut wrote:
i have a switch to the right of steering colomn with a light on it i thought fog (driving ) lights. well i was wrong Evil or Very Mad
it dims headlights when you are stopped at traffic lights or other reason, then when accelerating it brings headlights back to normal, power saving device. Bloody great idea tojo cheers

Ah!

Brilliant!

Maybe that's what mine is. I'm still scratching my head over it and can't afford to lose the hair Embarassed .

My Focus XR5/ST has wipers that slow to the next speed down when it is standing still, why not for the lights too Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
kylenorth18
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Mystery switches and controls!   Mystery switches and controls! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:18 pm

We have a switch on the right hand side of the steering column which looks aftermarket.

I think it's the rear fog light but that's not working anyway at the moment!

Oh dear :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery switches and controls!   Mystery switches and controls! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery switches and controls!
Page 1 of 1