Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mystery hose

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 155
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 3:46 pm

Hello,

I've been removing my air cleaner system to find a leak and clean it up, which isn't easy and I really have no idea why there are so many boxes and containers involved. I suppose it must be good for stopping dust/ water getting into the engine or some sort of pressure thing and I was thinking about fitting a snorkel but with all that protection it seems pointless.

But while doing this I found a hose, it's not attached to anything in the air cleaner compartment, it's about 2cm diameter, roughly 20cm of it is poking into the compartment, it's black and goes into the side of the van near where the air inlet is on the van exterior and disappears.

Any ideas what it's for and where the open end should be pointed ?

Thank you.

ps. an explanation of why there's so many air intake components would be nice, but just to settle my curiosity.
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 10:31 pm

Condensation overflow from the aircon?
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 9:57 am

All the various chambers are there to negate induction noise bit like exhaust mufflers , dis connect the air intake near the engine you will soon realise what they do.
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 4:38 pm

MaIL.. Thanks I hadn't thought of that but it's possible, maybe it's something to do with the rear aircon system on the ceiling, it's going in that direction.

I think I'm going to have to find some people to roam around my van while I blow into it. I'll also do more searching on parts diagrams and have a really good look at the aircon and heater pictures. Problem is when a part goes to somewhere that isn't part of what's on the picture they tend not to show where it finishes up.

JT69.. That explains a lot I forgot about noise and should've thought of it because when I disconnected the first box ( one connected to the outside intake) and ran the engine to check for leaks the volume definitely increased and that was just one section !

Mystery solved, curiosity satisfied, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery hose
Page 1 of 1