Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heater hose diameters???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 61
Home City : Carson NM
Model and year : 95 super custom, auto, full time 4x4, 1kzte
Registration date : 2021-03-29

Heater hose diameters??? Empty
PostSubject: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2023 8:31 pm

So, got a leak in my 94 super custom. im not going to find the oem shaped heater hoses in the USA, ive got a leak in one up front where it attaches to the heater controll valve. If anyone knows the diameter i can get a few feet of it prior to disassembly. Its 45 minutes to any parts store around here.Heater hose diameters??? 49e39010
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2023 10:58 pm

I’ll get that for you TacticalAnt when the wife gets back from her eyelash appointment. Maybe 2 hours tops.

Have a good one
-Bryan
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 12:50 am

Thanks, Are you measuring off the vehicle?. Would it be the same diameter as the OD of the steel tube it connects to?
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 3:00 am

Hey buddy.

On hers the OD of the front hoses are 1” and the ID is something between .625 and .700. Not easy to get to. I’d look at 3/4

The rear are .700 OD and 1/2 ID.
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 3:49 am

So 3/4 is .750”, that would be too big. 18mm converts to .708, thats in line with your .700 measurement.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 6:32 pm

Hello

Here, heater hose is metric (more or less) and I’d expect the fittings to be metric (more or less) but lots of hose is measured in non-metric measurements and lots of hose, plumbing and other fluid areas are non-metric.

Also here, heater hose is to ‘SAE J20 R3’.

If you take a look here:
https://jarukindustries.co.uk/products/heater-hose-sae-j20r3-choose-length-size?variant=20656950640751
you’ll see the site lists 4 sizes of hose with ‘size’ and ‘id x od’ measurements.

When I’ve been replacing hose I’ve used 13 x 20 (1/2”) and 16 x 23 (5/8”).

The fittings on the front matrix are 17mm. Here’s mine after refurb:
Heater hose diameters??? 2023-010

The larger in this picture (the ‘L-375’ is fine).
Heater hose diameters??? 2023-011

This is actually 15 x 22. Seems different manufacturers have slightly different dimensions.

Heater hose is fairly easy to expand a bit by dipping an end in hot water and using a bit of suitable grease. It's also designed not to collapse when bending, but I’d say don’t cut the piece too long if you’re not using OEM to limit the chance of it creasing.

I’m not a big fan of the windup hose clips, but mine have all been good. It’s just that they are hard to reuse once disturbed. I’d replace with A2 stainless steel Jubilee clips or the spring-loaded types. While seemingly not as secure the latter have the benefit of providing constant clamping as the hose is squeezed over time and can’t be over tightened. They do need to come in more size variants though.

HTH!
Back to top Go down
TacticalAnt
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 6:49 pm

@LH119V, are you saying the steel pipes in the box measure 17mm OD, and the hose your using (L-375) measures 15mm ID? And that will fit with a little hot water and persuasion?
On the topic of hose clamps. Im seriously considering the Gates PowerGrip SB. They are a heat shrink type. At first I thought, no way, but the engineering test in the video convinced me.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 7:11 pm

Yep.

Heater hose diameters??? 2023-012
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2023 7:22 pm

Those power grip clamps are amazing. If you can find them in stock highly recommend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heater hose diameters???   Heater hose diameters??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heater hose diameters???
Page 1 of 1