Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Switches on centre console

Go down 
+3
JohnHRef999
Admin
qpv8evo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
qpv8evo
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Switches on centre console Empty
PostSubject: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi,guys, can anybody tell me what the switches are for on the back of the centre console,they are marked left,right and rear, are they something to do with the curtains as there are also some switches in the back that say "curtain" but none of these seem to do anything.Also when the heater control is on any other setting other than face vents the centre face level ones always have a cold stream of air even when the screen,side and floor vents are nice and hot.any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Yes you are right. Those are for shutting the curtains. Cant help with the fuse though. My book doesnt list one for the curtains.

Not sure on the heating problem. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:18 am

The centre face vents on my Hiace are always cold, and very cold with the Air Con on- I presume this is standard.
Back to top Go down
qpv8evo
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:20 am

Ahh sounds like they are for just cold air then,thanks.My only problem is that the little door that shuts them off is broken so its a tad cold at the mo Sad
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:39 am

hopefully they should be exact swaps for u.k models.have you tried a van breakers Question
Back to top Go down
qpv8evo
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:31 am

Thanks I will give them a go.
Gareth
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:31 pm

When I took the facia off my Hiace Camper to replace the radio I replaced the seals on the vents with thin foam.
Used the outline as a pattern.
It was bloody cold in winter as the seals had rotted away - the cold air was like the air con on when running at speed.
If you take the facia off you may be able to mend the door with Araldite and shape with a rasp file if it just the hinges broken
Back to top Go down
qpv8evo
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:23 pm

Many Thanks johnHref999,I took it apart today and found that somebody had been in there before and lost the internals of the vent so I need to source some more.It is very strange that although they produce warm air when specifically switched to face they seem to be supplied with cold air at any other flap setting...as if they are then ducted to the outside air pre-matrix,I guess this isnt a problem if you can actually shut them off but is seems like a very srange setup. scratch

Gareth
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:50 am

If it's any consolation, they're the same on the Townace - good old fresh air! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:31 am

It's so you don't get sleepy with only recirculated air to breathe. I don't think they do it that way anymore but must have been the standard back then.
Back to top Go down
kylenorth18
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:27 pm

The curtain tracks often don't work because they are lined with all sorts of witch-craft to make them work!

Try some WD-40 in the tracks to clean the contacts and magnets and use kitcchen roll or something to get any dirt out. That's how I did it.

The back window and right hand side of ours works but the left wont work at all.

Shame we don't have any curtains really!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:19 pm

kylenorth18 wrote:
The curtain tracks often don't work because they are lined with all sorts of witch-craft to make them work!

Try some WD-40 in the tracks to clean the contacts and magnets and use kitcchen roll or something to get any dirt out. That's how I did it.

The back window and right hand side of ours works but the left wont work at all.

Shame we don't have any curtains really!!! Very Happy

Our curtains all work but with 4 kids, I wonder for how long Crying or Very sad .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switches on centre console   Switches on centre console Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Switches on centre console
Page 1 of 1