Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 282
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit Empty
PostSubject: Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit   Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 11:19 am

Hi,

I've been having a good search but cannot find anything definitive. I'm running a temp watchdog cable to behind the dash but the cable is too short to be chased around the door step and behind the passenger side of the dash. The cable is thin multi-wire so I'm reluctant to cut and splice in a new piece so the best route is around the engine bay, just under the carpet - and under the centre console (the front piece that houses the gear lever - not the one with the storage box obviously).

I can see the two large screws on each side - but they don't seem to release anything yet - so I assume I need to disassemble more. I'm only interested in getting enough room so I can pass the cable up the drivers side so the cable emerges between the main dash panel and the adjustable steering column housing (I'm going to fix the gauge across the business card slot). So I'm only really interested in taking the side panels off it that's possible?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit   Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 1:19 pm

Morning Goose.

Are you talking about the panels on either side of the shifter? They just pull straight out. They’re held in with clips. I’ll attach a picture with all that crap out of the way when I installed her stereo.

Hope that helps and good luck.
-BryanRemoving panels around centre console / gear lever unit Img_0011
Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit Img_0010
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 282
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit   Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 1:39 pm

Cool - I was actually thinking about having to remove the sides around the gear shift (you can see the bolt holes on your photos - two each side). But what you've suggested should work - I can tuck the wire between the side and the carpet.

Cheers

Andonic and blgravely like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit   Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing panels around centre console / gear lever unit
Page 1 of 1