Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP ;D centre console of my 95’

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Markmark88
Not so new now
Not so new now
Markmark88

Number of posts : 39
Home City : Cronulla, Sydney.
Model and year : 1995 Toyota Hiace Super Custom limited. 3.0 turbo diesel
Registration date : 2018-06-04

HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Empty
PostSubject: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 4:43 am

Gday guys and girls,
In front of my cooler sits the bigger centre console which has had the latch snapped off presumably by the previous owner, this of course means that the lid to the console cannot be opened, not possible to see in or get a screw driver in to try flick it open either. This is a bit of a long shot, just wondering if anyone else’s is the same and if so what’s the tricks of the trade to opening it up?! Been curious what’s inside for the past 12 months. Could be empty but it could also contain thousands of dollars hopefully. Anyhow, your help is very much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Someone else had this problem, I never worked out why and don't recall them say they'd solved it.
Mine doesn't have a latch at all, it just rests shut at the front and the hinge is at the back.

Post up a photo of it from the front so we can see what it looks like and if it's the same as ours.
Back to top Go down
jafo843
Not so new now
Not so new now
jafo843

Number of posts : 67
Home City : Charleston, SC USA
Model and year : 1992 LH107 Super Custom
1994 LH119 Cruising Cabin
Registration date : 2018-05-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 3:09 pm

Is it this style?  I just went outside to see how it latches and noticed I am missing a roll pin.  This might be what is causing these to fail.

All of the screws that hold this together are on the inside and I can't see a way getting in outside of a screwdriver and a hammer to the front latch. You could always replace it afterwards... Toyota part number 5890832040 is still available and it looks like they are around $25.

HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Dsc00713
HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Dsc00714
HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Dsc00712
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 5:02 pm

Interesting, it's different to mine which has no cup holders.

I note that both the latch + the hook are on the outside, so you simply need an L shaped wire or bit of metal to unhook it from the hand-hold.

I.e. I think you should be able to easily open it now you can see the mechanism, and it would involve pulling the latch forward off the hook on the fixed part.
Back to top Go down
jafo843
Not so new now
Not so new now
jafo843

Number of posts : 67
Home City : Charleston, SC USA
Model and year : 1992 LH107 Super Custom
1994 LH119 Cruising Cabin
Registration date : 2018-05-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 5:25 pm

I think GPW has the right idea. I dont know why I always feel like reaching for the hammer first.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let me know if you would like any more pictures.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 6:57 pm

I see now it's part of a neat fold-up seat!
Mine doesn't have a middle seat so it's a deep box with no latch. I think the latch must be there to stop it falling open when the seat back is upright!
Back to top Go down
Markmark88
Not so new now
Not so new now
Markmark88

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 4:27 am

Thanks for your responses everybody!
Still no avail I think the only way in is to forcefully jimmy it open. Here are some photos, which don’t do it justice but hopefully you get the. Gist.
HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ 18f00710
HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ 3627da10
HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ 191bda10
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 11:28 pm

That one looks different again - Toyota liked changing stuff didn't they!

Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 1:51 pm

That looks very similar to mine and it contains the fridge compressor to cool/warm the box immediately behind it.

Cant get access from the top as far as I know, but there are four bolts on the underside of the engine bay cover.
Back to top Go down
Markmark88
Not so new now
Not so new now
Markmark88

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 1:54 pm

Kippax wrote:
That looks very similar to mine and it contains the fridge compressor to cool/warm the box immediately behind it.

Cant get access from the top as far as I know, but there are four bolts on the underside of the engine bay cover.

Thanks very much! Makes sense. The little fridge works like a dream 👌
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Markmark88 wrote:
Kippax wrote:

Thanks very much! Makes sense. The little fridge works like a dream 👌

Unfortunately mine doesn't appear to work which is why I wanted access.

Still not got round to doing it, but seem to recall when I checked out the bolts, the heads were non-standard, which is why I haven't returned to it yet.
Back to top Go down
Markmark88
Not so new now
Not so new now
Markmark88

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 3:12 pm

Good luck with it! It works great in mine. Especially on longer trips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP ;D centre console of my 95’   HELP ;D centre console of my 95’ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP ;D centre console of my 95’
Page 1 of 1