Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Taking out rear speakers etc..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moodyviolets
moodyviolets

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Rohnert Park
Model and year : 1993 3.0L D
Registration date : 2020-05-05

Taking out rear speakers etc.. Empty
PostSubject: Taking out rear speakers etc..   Taking out rear speakers etc.. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 9:19 pm

I am working on converting my '93 and I want to take out the rear speakers in the walls as well as the fan controls and curtain controls, but I am afraid of just snipping wires..
Is there anything I should look out for or can I just rip everything out?
Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

Taking out rear speakers etc.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking out rear speakers etc..   Taking out rear speakers etc.. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 8:02 am

You will be fine just disconnecting the speakers, but be sure to insulate all wires so they can't short to each other or to ground. The other things should be able to be unplugged and the connectors taped up unless you really need to remove the wiring itself. I wouldn't snip anything in case any of the circuits continue on elsewhere and you'll stop something you still want to work.
Back to top Go down

Taking out rear speakers etc..
Page 1 of 1