Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bearing preload

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Bearing preload Empty
PostSubject: Bearing preload   Bearing preload Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi all
just doing front brakes and I have forgotten what the bearing preload is its a 96SC with 3ltr turbo engine  would be helpful if some one could remind me please.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Bearing preload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearing preload   Bearing preload Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 6:41 pm

JT69 wrote:
Hi all
just doing front brakes and I have forgotten what the bearing preload is its a 96SC with 3ltr turbo engine  would be helpful if some one could remind me please.

I did a thread that involved this I think.
The general consensus was that you should spin the components while doing it up gently with a socket wrench in hand - enough to settle the bearing properly (Somewhere there will be a torque value for this but I've never found it), and then back off so it's loose, then tighten up with finger and thumb.

That pretty much matched what I found when changing my front brakes because clearly a good engineer had packed and assembled the hubs last time (in Japan) and the nuts were basically easy to undo with finger and thumb.

Too tight and they'll get hot with lack of grease, too loose and the bearings may resonate at certain speeds, worth checking the wheel play after a few miles IMO. Pack with plenty of grease.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Bearing preload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearing preload   Bearing preload Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Yes that is what I found when I dismantled it just finger tight but no play at all will repack with plenty of grease thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bearing preload Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearing preload   Bearing preload Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bearing preload
Page 1 of 1