Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheel bearing suppliers in the UK

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aces_high
Aces_high

Number of posts : 14
Home City : Tonbridge
Model and year : LH119V-RRPES selectable 4x4, 1992
Registration date : 2021-08-26

Wheel bearing suppliers in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Wheel bearing suppliers in the UK   Wheel bearing suppliers in the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2022 6:06 pm

Hi all.

Can any UK Hiace owners out there recommend a decent supplier for wheel bearing kits?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Wheel bearing suppliers in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel bearing suppliers in the UK   Wheel bearing suppliers in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 3:22 pm

Hello

No I don’t, but the EPC lists the parts:

https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/chassis/4303/

And they are £20-30 per bearing on Amayama etc.

Seems that there was a change in numbers ~1993 though after a cursory and incomplete check these seems to cross-reference to Autodoc. Autodoc ships free for >~£120 so with a few more bits you about there.

It might be worth seeing if you need the inner oil seal (a grease seal really) too.

Have you asked Toyota? What was thier price?

However, before replacing the bearings I’d certainly see if they just need a tweak. These fronts are adjustable and it’s quite common for them to need a little tightening. Looking back through the somewhat patchy service and MOT history for my van I can see this has been done much more often than would be the case on a different vehicle.

The hubs are fairly similar to many Toyota locking ones so a quick YT search will reveal how to adjust the pre-load.

Here’s something relevant from RN156e (sorry I don’t know the title as page 1 is missing). I also cannot guarantee these torque values are bob-on, but this is where I’d start
Wheel bearing suppliers in the UK Hubpic10

The SST hub spanner is just a thin-walled 54mm box spanner. You can get away with channel-locks or long-nosed pliers but the box spanner is ~£25 online and will last forever.

Last thing is that the minimum thickness for the front brake disk is 20mm. Without piling on more work, if the bearings do have to be replaced, do check the disk thickness, but this is another story. Andonic has a good thread on these, but you should also really replace the pads if you’re doing the disks…

HTH

p.s.  The 'suggestion posts' below are also helpful.
Back to top Go down

Wheel bearing suppliers in the UK
Page 1 of 1