Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Starter motor or immobiliser?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Starter motor or immobiliser? Empty
PostSubject: Starter motor or immobiliser?   Starter motor or immobiliser? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 6:22 am

So for a number of months now my hiace has been temperamental when it comes to starting/responding to the immobiliser being switched off. I have had to click the button over and over in order for the immobiliser to switch off and let the car start. I had road side assistance come out the first time and he said it was that. Fast forward through months of putting it off as it eventually starts and is an inconvience but not a priority and yesterday and today it just won't start. Battery is low on charge and starts when roadside comes and jumps it. He suggested it's my starter motor...he also said it could be my glow lamps.. I will get in, go to start it and I get a small amount of crank/ turn over like a tiny bit. And then nothing just a loud click when I turn the key. Any suggestions
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Starter motor or immobiliser?   Starter motor or immobiliser? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Maybe a dying battery even after you charge it.

Battery for the immobiliser need replacing also?

Maybe the starter contacts.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Starter motor or immobiliser?   Starter motor or immobiliser? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks Clive, It was the Starter contacts Smile
I've had the immobiliser removed also though as that was playing up and just wanted to rule out all possible causes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starter motor or immobiliser?   Starter motor or immobiliser? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starter motor or immobiliser?
Page 1 of 1