Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brake master cylinder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Brake master cylinder Empty
PostSubject: Brake master cylinder   Brake master cylinder Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:31 am

I need to get a good look at the brake master cylinder and vacuum as I have some brake fluid leaking out. It is only a tiny amount and the brake pedal makes a squelching sound when depressed. I hope it is just a seal which needs replacing but I cannot see it that area very well. Before I start taking covers off I just wanted to know if someone has experienced this issue.

Once I have taken off the covers I may just take it to the garage. It is in such an difficult location.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Brake master cylinder   Brake master cylinder Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 am

Not done it but I think it is a dash out job, the master cylinder is infront of the servo which needs to be removed.
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Brake master cylinder   Brake master cylinder Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:27 pm

After being SORNd for a year, its time to fix this master cylinder. I have removed the dash and the master cylinder itself and see I need a seal repair kit. Anyone know where I could get one, or have the part numbers. Toyota want to sell me a complete cylinder. Maybe I can order just the gasket seal kit.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Brake master cylinder   Brake master cylinder Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Any car factors should be able to sort you out on a seal kit, even Toyota should do an overhaul kit.
Logon to www.toyodiy.com and put your details in it should list the parts - this number may help at motor factors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake master cylinder   Brake master cylinder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brake master cylinder
Page 1 of 1