Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bagface
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 59
Home City : Aussie
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom Living Saloon Ex 4wd 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2020-06-01

Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi Empty
PostSubject: Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi   Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 2:38 am

Don't want to dig myslef in a hole hole again lo

Not even sure where the master cylinder it is yet, otger than it is behind dash. . Most stuff I find a video how to, but not for this.

Put simply I want to do a lot of teh labour to save $ becuase I am sure it is very laboutr intensive

Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi   Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 9:22 am

Hi did ours a few years back not too difficult.

Bagface likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi   Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 1:42 pm

Hello Bagface

Based on the manuals I have you need to remove the steering wheel column covers, the cluster finish panel, instruments, airduct #1, and the cluster finish lower panel to get at the master cylinder.

If you want more details on manuals etc have a look at the long first post in my show us yours thread (same username) for links and options.

If you can find a kit (from Toyota, I’d suggest) you can service the master cylinder or put in a new replacement. If the cylinder is scored or otherwise damaged a new cylinder is a no-brainer. A new unit could be from Toyota or a good parts supplier. I might be tempted to go OEM. It is the brake master cylinder after all!

Rebuilding or replacing is not a hugely difficult job. It likely depends on how urgently you need the van back on the road and how confident you are to carry out the necessary steps and subsequent fluid work and bleeding?

I’d also be wanting to check the vacuum boost and general arrangements. Is there an obvious leak or some specific reason pointing you to having to replace the master?

Timmy the Toolman on YT has several vids on Toyota brake master cylinder work.

I understand the pedal height (its top) from the floor should be 151.5mm

All the best!

Bagface likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi   Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need to install new master cylinder - dash removal instructi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: