Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
THE EEZAL

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2012-01-10

SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ? Empty
PostSubject: SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ?   SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:15 pm

Im looking at a 1998 TOYOTA SUPER CUSTOM G 30D KZH1000035596 and really should be slapping myself as ive owned a Toyota Lucida jap import that gave us nothing but grief with electrical issues that no auto elec this side of Melbourne could figure out let alone want to touch . The turbo failed 3 times , injector rebuilds that cost thousands and amounted to nothing as i traded it in blowing blue smoke for my current car an 08 Jeep patriot . No one wanted to touch Lucy the Lucida being an imported van . So my questions are , are there any diesel mechanics on the east side of Melbourne that actually know how to service these things ? Are parts hard to come by ? is the KZH1000035596 a good model of engine ? And would i be making another stupid mistake being tempted by there shear beastly van looks , luxurious features and ample passenger space ? Please answer honestly with no owner bias .
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ?   SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:39 am

The SC engine is fitted to many other models, the engine is upright and in a better position than an Esti.

I vote yes go for it.
Back to top Go down
THE EEZAL

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ?   SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks for your positive reply . So parts would be easier to come by as there compatible with the Prado and surf yes ? Have you had Mechanics complain about getting parts or being a pain to work on ? Also what should i get checked if i was going to get a pre sale mechanic check up ? The diesel mechanic i took my Estima to ran tests to check for oil pressure and what not ( im not really mechanically minded ) . Would this be a start ? I had the Estima at an auto elec for over a month trying to figure out electrical issues as the computer chip shorted things out . He couldn't get wiring diagrams so it was trial and error on everything till he got it . Is this the case with the SC's or are manuals and wire diagrams easy to come by ? Thanks in advance for any helpful answers
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ?   SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:51 pm

Some wiring diagrams on here and loads of parts diagrams on www.toyodiy.com

Hiace van manual and the engine manual easy to get.

Back to top Go down
THE EEZAL

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ?   SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:53 am

Thanks Clive .
Ive talked to the dealer and he's giving me an offer of cash and the SC for my Jeep patriot .
Now all ive got to do is convince the trouble and strife ( the wife )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ?   SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE ON AN IMPORT ?
Page 1 of 1