Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

is it still worth buying a fresh import?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stu.art

Number of posts : 1
Home City : bath
Registration date : 2012-10-29

is it still worth buying a fresh import? Empty
PostSubject: is it still worth buying a fresh import?   is it still worth buying a fresh import? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi I am new to the gray import game. I have been looking around for a reasonable priced cammper conversion since seeing a friends Mazda Bongo. I thought it was i bit small and so have started looking at eh Hiace. my worry is the the talk of the unfavourable exchange rate. Has the bottom really fallen out of the import buisness?

Can anyone recomend a good UK importer?

Back to top Go down
uwink

Number of posts : 19
Home City : Bedford. UK
Model and year : 94 Reimo Camper 2.8
Registration date : 2012-10-31

PostSubject: Re: is it still worth buying a fresh import?   is it still worth buying a fresh import? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm

hey stu.art

did you do anything about buying a camper yet?
i purchased one recently from so called importer and had a bit of hassle to say the least!
just be v carefull where you buy from.

uwink
Back to top Go down
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: is it still worth buying a fresh import?   is it still worth buying a fresh import? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 pm

its worth doing in you can find trust in the transaction , you will basically save the 30% loading a dealer puts on ( thats at least 30 , can be upto 60 ) , you will also have to deal with the paperwork and set the car up for an mot ( easy enough , fog light fitting etc etc ) , once its all done its worth while knowing you did it yourself , only downside is with a bit of looking and a haggle you should be able to find 1 in the uk already and cheaper
Back to top Go down
toyboy
Not so new now
Not so new now
toyboy

Number of posts : 38
Home City : London
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Custom 4x4
Cruising Cabin 1994
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: is it still worth buying a fresh import?   is it still worth buying a fresh import? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:25 pm

I used poplar motors in chesterfield a few years ago they were good back then might be worth a look..

toyboy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it still worth buying a fresh import?   is it still worth buying a fresh import? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is it still worth buying a fresh import?
Page 1 of 1