Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs? Empty
PostSubject: Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs?   Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:15 pm

I am wondering if the engine is pressurising the water jacket.

I feel the need for an experiment... well what do you expect from a chemist?

The top hose is getting quite hard after only a mile of driving, perhaps not even that. So far no water has been forced into the expansion tank. I have done a couple of 3 mile journeys and nothing out of the ordinary happened. I can squeeze the hose between my fingers about a quarter inch each side. I want to know if this is normal.

This is where you can become an experimenter. Can I ask you good people on this forum if you would drive a short distance from the engine being cold with the passenger seat up and give the hose a good squeeze and let me know how squigy it is? As I say I can squeeze mine a quarter inch after a short distance.

If anyone can do this and report here that would be great. Thanks

Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs?   Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 am

if the radiator is full when cold and coolant leve is ok in the bottle everything is ok., No need to squeeze.
Back to top Go down

Coolant pressure... can I ask for a few guinea pigs?
Page 1 of 1