Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kidsonp

Number of posts : 3
Home City : taupo new zealand
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95 Empty
PostSubject: Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95   Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:52 am

G'day folks - I want to operate the electric windows when the ignition is off. I imagine this means providing a switched power supply bypassing the ignition switch (suitably fused) to the window control circuit. It's always a pain to have to turn the ignition on again just to close the windows or leave the keys with the vehicle if someone is left inside. It would be great to have a push switch on the dash which would temporarily power the windows if pressed. Has anyone tried this? Any ideas where is can get a wiring diagram? My van is a KZH100 - 1995
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95   Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Mine work when the door is open and the ignition is off - have you tried that?
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95   Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Never have liked power windows myself, so will try that this AM
Back to top Go down
kidsonp

PostSubject: Re: Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95   Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:14 pm

Dandy - you had me going for a minute there. I had a confidence crisis and was wondering just how thick I really was to have missed this! But alas - no - my van does not have this feature. I will keep trying to find a solution myself and if I crack it, I'll let you all know.
Thanks for the replies.
Back to top Go down
kidsonp

PostSubject: Re: Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95   Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:33 am

Cracked it!

I took the window operating switch panel from the driver's door, identified the wire which supplied power to the unit and connected it to the 12V supply to the door light. The door light (the one in the panel below door handle) always comes on when the door is open. If the door is open, security is no longer a problem, so why not then be able to operate the windows? (this was BMW's thinking years ago).

The wire to the door light is a bit thin - but as long as you operate the windows one at a time, hopefully it won't become overloaded.

Remove the window operating panel from the door panel - it should be easy to lever it out (no screws). In my case the wire supplying power is the plain blue one - a bit thicker then the rest - at the back of the plug. Remove the door light - two screws. The wires to the light are red (12V) and red-black trace(earth). If you work carefully you can feed a wire from one hole to the next without even removing the door panel. But it is quite easy to pop the studs on the bottom of the panel and feed through the wire. Two squish connectors and 450mm of wire later and you're in business.

Hope this is useful to others.

Cheers - Phil
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95   Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95   Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric window over-ride KZH100 '95
Page 1 of 1