Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front electric windows - window runners

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Front electric windows - window runners Empty
PostSubject: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 1:01 pm

Afternoon All,

Whilst recently removing my front door cards, to see if there'd be space to add some door speakers, I found a random window runner sat at the bottom of the door that wasn't affixed to anything.  I figured I'd look at the window runner configuration on the other door and it turns out it has exactly the same problem. After a lot of jiggery pokery I still have no idea how they should affix inside the door.  Has anyone got any idea's?

I have the window runner nearest the door hing, but nothing on the door handle side.

Answers on a postcard to this address.

Cheers,

Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 9:39 pm

But are you having any issues with the electric windows?
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 4:21 pm

Strangely enough no. Although the drivers one does wobble a bit when it's part way down.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Is it just the rubber?
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 12:49 pm

It'd be best described as a metal bracket with a slotted rubber bit for the glass. It has one fixing point on it about mid way along. It's still got me foxed.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:03 pm

That sounds like the bottom fixing that bolts to the window winder. Any bits of glass? Replacement windows would have come with one attached.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks Clive, that makes sense. I'll have a tinker this weekend as the wibbly window when it's part wound down makes me a little nervous. Also I don't need an extra rattle!
I finally traced the most irritating rattle ever to the air circulation switch. When air is on recirculate no rattle. All that after having pulled the dash apart on several occasions, and even resorting to a demister sponge stuffed behind one of the air ducts.
Back to top Go down
Wez64

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi. Sorry if I've posted in the wrong spot, just new tonight and I can't find where t post a question. Could someone please tell me where the fuse for horn and low beam headlights are on 2005 hi ace van. I've found a small and a larger fuse box u der passenger seat but they don't have fuse diagrams and they also only have 2 fuses in them. I cannot find one under the dash. Thanks for any help, I've searched for hours and hours. Thanks
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Thought I'd give you all an update.

On the window there are two window runners, one on each side (hinge end, and door handle/lock end) inside the door. Turns out the door lock side runners had been taken off on my wagon on both sides. After some investigation it turns out that these affix quite easily. The runner slots into the door at the top (best to fold down the rubber part while you're putting it in the slot). Once that's done the runner should line up with a screw hole in the door.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 8:54 pm

So the question is why were the removed and not replaced? Quick window replacement?

WEZ64 sorry missed your post if you are still having trouble please create a new thread.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 1:25 pm

I think it could have been when the van had the respray last year. I had noticed the doors didn't make the same solid thunk when shut post respray. The bodyshop guys had said that the person that took the van apart wasn't there when they put it back together so it could have been forgotten about as the runners were hiding inside the doors.

I really need to update my profile picture with the new colours.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 1:37 pm

And now I've updated my picture
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front electric windows - window runners   Front electric windows - window runners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front electric windows - window runners
Page 1 of 1