Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.

Go down 
+7
onlypureluck
Fang
srburnsy
entwistlea
TSN.OOZ
mr freeze
Voonster
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Voonster
Voonster

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Wellington
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom G
3L TD
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Empty
PostSubject: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:44 am

I know there have been various posts that have touched on fuel consumption but thought it would be great to get a broader feel for what sort of K's other users are getting between fills....might help us all to know when something might be amiss with our beloved Aces.

I have a slight ulterior motive...my latest purchase of a 97 Supercustom G with the 3L TD and only 90,000k's on the odo seems to be averaging about 6.5 km's per litre (15.3 litres per 100km's). That is mainly around town (here in Wellington there are plenty of hills too) with some motorway driving thrown in. Is that a little thirsty? One user in an earlier forum seems to get a magical 600-700km's before filling....is that for real???
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:33 am

Hi, mine gets around 12 lt / 100 kms but if I flog it ,which is almost all the time it sucks around 14lt.
On average lucky to get 400 kms from a full tank .
Mine is a 96 4x4 auto which probably sucks a bit more than a 2wd model.
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

Number of posts : 106
Home City : East Corrimal
Model and year : '95 Super Custom Limited AWD 3L TD
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:05 am

I haven't had mine long but the last owner said he got about 400 out of a tank.
I got 450kms around town but was sitting on about 115-120 on the freeway and 300ks down the road I Was on half a tank?
Not sure.... I'll keep you posted.
It was also revving at about 2 1/2 - 2 3/4RPM at those speeds as well which I think is pretty good... She obviously likes to stretch her legs!
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
Im not old...just experienced
entwistlea

Number of posts : 324
Home City : Sandhurst, UK
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom Ltd. 3.0 TDI EFI
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm getting between 450 and 500k on a tank, mix of motorway and backroad driving, but i do boob along at about 120 - 130k on the motorway. Its a 3l tdi 2wd.

One frustration is the poor calibration of the digital gauge, i'm getting over 100k before i lose the first bar and get to around 300k on the half tank mark, then it just dissapears..... now i know i can work with it but its a bit of a frustration when trying to work out when to refill!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hpi.co.uk
Voonster
Voonster

3L TD

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:36 pm

"One frustration is the poor calibration of the digital gauge, i'm getting over 100k before i lose the first bar and get to around 300k on the half tank mark, then it just dissapears..... now i know i can work with it but its a bit of a frustration when trying to work out when to refill!"

Actually that seems to be similar to non digital gauges...for some reason the needle doesn't drop from full until around the 100k mark on the open road....but once I get to the halfway point it goes down very rapidly after that!

After seeing just these few replies it does look like I may have an issue with excessive consumption (not me personally LOL). I even forced myself to drive granny style on the last tank to see how much difference it would make. Does NZ have inferior diesel perhaps? I would have thought that the 2wd would have shown better figures, especially on such a low k's motor....hmmmm...I look forward to seeing more replies. Keep em coming.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Yeah about 400 ish sometimes more if no load and on the freeway. I did get 500 once but run out of fuel about 5km from the station. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fang

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:35 pm

I wouldnt try going more than around 470/80 ks on a tank [ highway running]. The biggest problem is the tiny capacity of the supercustom fueltank. Its at least 10/20 litres short of reasonable, especially for outback australia touring. I get from 10.5 to 13 litres per hundred [highway] depending on speed and wind conditions.
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
entwistlea

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Just got home, 435k on the trip and 2 bars left.... though i bet its down to 1 when i start it next...

This post could turn into a "fuel chicken" challenge... dare you get over 500

:-)
Back to top Go down
Voonster
Voonster

3L TD

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Could be a fun challenge...or not. I've never run out of diesel before. I hear it's not quite as straight fwd as when the petrol disappears.

I'm off to New Plymouth this weekend ( a mere 375kms) but with wife, kids, drums and bass amp to cart I'm not all that keen on explaining the "fun" aspect of the great international "fuel chicken challenge" when my SC splutters to a halt in the middle of nowhere....could be the end of a long and happy marriage.
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
entwistlea

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Thats what makes it so exciting... running dry in a diesel really is a pain....

... i know a good lawyer though :-)
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Just filled up...390k mostly around town driving. No bars left even on scale change but 10L still in the tank.(they are 70L tanks aren't they?) pale
Back to top Go down
Voonster
Voonster

3L TD

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 pm

Yes 70L tanks....so you filled with 60L and drove 390k's so that gets you...(drum roll please) 6.5km's per litre! Same as me. Maybe my Ace is normal after all:-)

I still think it'll be great to see a broader overview from other SC owners.

I recently saw this ad (see link at bottom) for a "heat exchanger" you can fit to your engine which claims the following....
Reduces emissions using the radiators coolant to heat the fuel. Reduced smoke opacity and overall emissions. Increased power and torque, Reduced oil changes. Has additional benefits. Works with diesel and petrol. The seller says he too drives a 3L TD SC and claims he gets 80km's more per tank on average. Is this possible or just a gimmick??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Other/auction-251634463.htm[/url]
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:07 am

Isn't that the opposite to an intercooler?
I don't know the temp gauge would like it.
Sounds like a gimmick to me! Only my opinion though...
Back to top Go down
onlypureluck

Number of posts : 12
Home City : west mids uk
Model and year : super custom( living saloon), 3.0td, kzh100, 1994,
Registration date : 2007-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:48 pm

hi all been loging my 3.0td for the last couple of months, usually get around 20-21 mpg (imperial gallon) not sure how that compares in km. Do you think smoking the back tyres off the line uses more fuel lol
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
entwistlea

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:13 pm

you have to tell me how to do that :-)

Getting 27 ish from mine
Back to top Go down
mxmarty
Not so new now
Not so new now
mxmarty

Number of posts : 50
Home City : perth wa
Model and year : 1995 super custom ltd 2jzgte 3.0 petrol turbo
over 400 rwhp
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:40 pm

my bus is petrol 2.4L and ime getting around the 400 km per tank as well

but that is really poor economy considering my 2jzgte powered jzx90 mark2 makes 350 rwhp and has the same size tank as the SC and i get over 450 km to the tank

exactly why im converting my bus to 2jzgte !! better power , and better fuel economy

i really thought diesels were supposed to get better fuel economy that petrols , but we seems to get the same kms per tank
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 5:13 am

Yeah i used to get 480k out of my 2.4 commercial hiace, but so totally gutless compared with the 1kz-te.

Hay i bet your jzx90 doesnt weigh 2.5 tonne!
Back to top Go down
fractalias
Not so new now
Not so new now
fractalias

Number of posts : 20
Home City : Sydney, NSW, Australia
Model and year : 95 SCL 3.0T 4WD
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:33 am

I get about 450kms on the highway for 60L of diesel and about 430 when driving around town.

I remember when I first drove my hiace, and went down the highway about 120kms before the first bar on the fuel gauge dropped off. I had wishfull thoughts of getting 700kms out of a tank! cheers

Then they started dropping like flies Rolling Eyes Oh well....
Back to top Go down
mxmarty
Not so new now
Not so new now
mxmarty

over 400 rwhp

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 pm

jzx90 1450 kg , 350 rwhp , 61 lts hard driving 470 kms (manual trans)
hiace SC 1740 kg , 100rwhp if im lucky , both driving styles , country and city ,
57 lts 390kms (auto trans )

mmm .. cant wait to get the 2jz in there !!!

hey how does the chippy oil van run on economy ??
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:39 am

My SC weighs over 2 ton, has chunky roof racks and is all wheel drive, i reckon my fuel economy isn't too bad for that.

Hay even better why not a 1UZ if your going to all that trouble?
Back to top Go down
mxmarty
Not so new now
Not so new now
mxmarty

over 400 rwhp

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:31 am

1uz 191kw
2jz 208 kw
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Yeah but we all know that V8's sound better. afro
Back to top Go down
mxmarty
Not so new now
Not so new now
mxmarty

over 400 rwhp

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:55 pm

if your a bogan .. Wink

haha , we drive rice burners so they need rice burner engines

turbo ppssssshhhhhht !!!
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:25 am

Haha - Come on, somebody help me here? please! silent - V8 or V6? What is cooler? Cool
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
entwistlea

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:45 pm

def a 6 !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.   Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Km's per tank anybody...a mini survey.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next