Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel tank leak

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ageomiller

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Edinburgh
Registration date : 2017-07-20

Fuel tank leak Empty
PostSubject: Fuel tank leak   Fuel tank leak Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 11:20 am

Hi, this is the first time I have posted on the forum. I have a 1996 super custom 4x4 and am based in Scotland. I noticed a fuel leak from the fuel tank area and took it to my garage who said I needed to replace the tank as it was corroded at the seams. The garage says I need to source a second-hand tank which they can fit. The fuel tank has an indent for the spare wheel. I have tried to find one on some second-hand breakers sites but cant find the correct category to describe my vehicle so am rather stymied from the start. My questions are 1. how do I find the specification for the fuel tank; 2. failing finding a tank is it difficult to remove a fix a fuel tank myself. The garage says I will have to scrap the vehicle if I cannot find another tank. I am planning to "do-up" the van gradually (retirement project) - I am no mechanic but plan to learn on the job! I would be very grateful for any help -
Back to top Go down

Fuel tank leak
Page 1 of 1