Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coolant tank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
frontslide
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Derbyshire
Registration date : 2012-07-27

Coolant tank Empty
PostSubject: Coolant tank   Coolant tank Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 2:55 pm

Does anyone know how to remove the expansion tank from a 93 Hiace please?
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Coolant tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant tank   Coolant tank Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 6:09 pm

Hello frontslide.

The expansion bottle on my van wasn’t too difficult to remove though access is a bit tight.

If the one on your van is the same as mine then it’s held on with four fasteners, see:
Coolant tank 2022-043

Coolant tank 2022-044

Plus there’s the electrical connector.

Wondering why you are removing it and if it’s anything to do with wider cooling system operation, servicing, mods and revitalising etc then you might like to take a look at the long post I’ve put here:

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4317-my-lh119

on the work I have done / am doing to my van. At the link you’ll need to scroll down below the pictures of the rear brake shoes. There are some useful parts links there and a tip for cleaning tanks like the expansion one.

Cheers

frontslide likes this post

Back to top Go down
frontslide
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Derbyshire
Registration date : 2012-07-27

Coolant tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant tank   Coolant tank Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 10:18 pm

Thanks for this how do you access the bottom bolt? i need to clean the tank out is why i'm taking it off Wink
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Coolant tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant tank   Coolant tank Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 5:06 pm

I honestly can't remember, sorry.

It might have been from below but this was one of the first parts of my van I removed. I knew early on it needed thorough cleaning and I don’t think I had to remove anything else first, but this is hazy.

HTH

Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

Coolant tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant tank   Coolant tank Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2022 7:51 am

When we had ours I think I got the bottom one from underneath (it's a while ago) but the two at the back were a PITA because there was so much other stuff in the way. I seem to recall having to get at least one of those from underneath too with some awkward reaching upwards.

Back to top Go down
Gissit
Not so new now
Not so new now
Gissit

Number of posts : 41
Home City : Gloucester
Model and year : 4X4 LH119 3L Engine
Registration date : 2020-10-15

Coolant tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant tank   Coolant tank Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2022 10:48 pm

I took mine out a while back. It is fidly but I did it from the top with a bit of grief and some ratchet ring spanners. Some bolts are in the battery compartment.
Best way I found to clean it was in an ultrasonic tank. I tried all-sorts including caustic soda before that. Gave me an excuse to buy a new tool and it did a pretty good job.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coolant tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant tank   Coolant tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coolant tank
Page 1 of 1