Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cylinder head and radiator dead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kato
kato

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Newton abbot
Model and year : 3.0td custom hiace camper 96
Registration date : 2007-06-23

cylinder head and radiator dead Empty
PostSubject: cylinder head and radiator dead   cylinder head and radiator dead Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi all in desperate need for advice, I need a new head due to mutiple cracks and a radiator which looks like it feeds two more radiators so has 4 water outlets which I can't find anywhere ive found a replacment head although would like a bit cheaper than £550 can anyone help? cheers Kato Raining (Lee)
Back to top Go down
martinnz
Not so new now
Not so new now
martinnz

Number of posts : 34
Home City : Auckland, New Zealand
Model and year : Hiace Supercustom
2.4 EFI Turbo diesel
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: cylinder head and radiator dead   cylinder head and radiator dead Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi There Lee,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

I dont know much about the cylinder head, but Ive had a leaky radiator and replaced it.

The radiator fitted is very complicated and rare as it has lots of extra pipes and an inbuilt Auto transmission cooler, I tried the usual radiator repair shops here. they had manual ones - no Auto cooler, but nothing else appart from recondition. I got a quote from Toyota and that was over $1000NZD. In the end I found one at a breakers. It cost $140 NZD to buy and $70NZD to pressure test before I bought it. Pressure test was OK, so I bought it. Its a mission to fit it and took me about 6 hours - I think there are instructions here on the forum.

Ive still got the old one in the garage which I will have recondtioned when I next have a problem - I can take some photos of it if that would help??.

Best advice if you cant find a replacement, is to get it out and get it reconditioned price here was $400NZD

PS not many places here wanted to do the fitting work as it is a bit of a mission.

Best of luck

Martin

PS 1 UK pound = $2.35 NZD roughly.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: cylinder head and radiator dead   cylinder head and radiator dead Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Rad recore are cheaper than new ones.

I normal vertical normal rad and one horizontal rad under the front, they have smaller A/C heat exchangers bolted to them so that may be the four you have found?

If you need to use a garage try Gary owner of GT Motors in Newton Abott, tell him Townaceclive of TEOC sent you.
Back to top Go down
jerome vapor
Not so new now
Not so new now
jerome vapor

Number of posts : 21
Home City : Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines
Model and year : toyota super custom 1993
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: cylinder head and radiator dead   cylinder head and radiator dead Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:32 pm

sir, i just change my cylinder head and overhauled my radiator last june09. The cylinder head here in the Philippines cost me around ph20,000.00. FYI. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cylinder head and radiator dead   cylinder head and radiator dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cylinder head and radiator dead
Page 1 of 1