Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989

Go down 
+7
ruffnut
scanno2
Admin
Clive
alfazar
AussieQ
gaz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
gaz

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Liverpool
Registration date : 2009-08-03

some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Empty
PostSubject: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:41 pm

hi guys first post so hope this is the right place.

Ii have a 1989 hi ace super custom ltd that is not in the best shape lol

and have a few questions i hope someone with more knowledge than myself can help to answer

1. when indicating right with the the head lights on the right hand side seems to get brighter iluminating an area to the right of the vechile is this right or a short somewhere there is an image in the manual that looks like it is supposed to do this however the manual is in japanese

2. The rear 3 seater seat will not tilt back or forth you can hear the motor engage
I removed all the rear fittings so i could see the motors and the bar that links the two sides when u press the switch the bar will rotate slightly and u get a few millimeters of seat movement .

3. the passenger window will not open or close it looks like the drivers door may of been replaced at some point in the cars life as all the wires in from the main car body to the door have been cut and spliced (the window used to open and close)

4. A fuse keeps blowing which disables the horn and hazard lights any ideas ?

5. I want to swap out the original stereo as it will not pick up any uk stations but do not know how to remove it?

I think thats everything for now.
I hope you guys can help
and thanks in advance
Gareth
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Welcome mate,

Unless you are very good at diy I'd find a good auto electrician.

With the stereo, there is a patch cable that you can attach that lets you get Aus wireless so I would assume there would be the same for UK.

Must be a flash one my back seats are manual. The only elec seat is the drivers one Smile
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:26 pm

AussieQ's right about the radio. Same solution for UK.

The front parking lights do glow brighter when indicating to each side. It helps when turning into side roads at night. They have a twin filament bulb of a type I hadn't seen before. As far as I know this isn't legal in UK.
I went in the back of the lamp and just cut the relevant wire. You might be lucky and just leave it hoping your MOT tester won't spot it.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Turning lights - mentioned at my MoT I said they did not light over 20 KPH -he was happy with that.

Radio remove all the black dash surround and it unbolts.

Window check that the window lock button has not been pressed if you have one, otherwise trace all the wires.

Fuse, something earthing, again check all wires.

Not got leccy rear seat, want one now!
Back to top Go down
gaz

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:12 pm

cheers dont think im skilled enough to do the window and fuse lol
might need a good auto elec
re turning lights its gone through 4 mots and never been flagged
think ill give the stereo ago though
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 11:25 am

Welcome to the forum..

There are some hidden scresin the vents when removing the dash so dont force it

Is it just the rear set of seats that are electric ?
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
scanno2

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Baldivis..w.australia
Model and year : 1989 HiAce suoer custom Limited wagon with xtra high roof
allowing for a dble bed below the hinged lift-up section.
All the fruit incl. timber panelled floor.
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi Gaz,,seems we have a few things in common!!
1. Same van,,audio probs,,,can't help you there 'cos I'm a chef!!
2.Same xcuse for 'beina-bit-slow',,,,,,,,we're scousers !,,worse for me 'cos I'm an Irish one!!scanno2
Be a good lad and pass-on any 'discoveries' you make re gettin'-at the
#@#*# radio,,,,Ta-la,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
gaz

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:26 pm

rear seats and driver are electric
front back and forth motion
rear tilt

think the rear motors and just siezing as they do move ever so slightly
and if u keep the power applied they get hot very hot as if trying to move it more
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:17 pm

you could start with a good clean of tracks and motor points then use a little lubricant on moving parts may fix.
cheers
dave
Back to top Go down
Big Lloyd
Been here a while
Been here a while
Big Lloyd

Number of posts : 103
Home City : East Hertfordshire UK
Model and year : 1994 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:31 pm

The new mercedes cars all have kerb finder lights when they indicate. The fog light on same side as indicator in use comes on. Therefore must be legal in UK
Back to top Go down
TalmageFarm

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Porongurup
Registration date : 2016-09-26

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 5:53 am

Hi,

I have just purchased the same vehicle and have issues with the lights and indicators. Do any of you have access to a manual or wiring diagram that could help me out with getting it road worthy again?

Kind Regards,

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 10:42 am

What issues are you having? You can search for "diagram" on this forum via hte top menu.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:37 pm

gaz wrote:

1. when indicating right with the the head lights on the right hand side seems to get brighter iluminating an area to the right of the vechile is this right or a short somewhere there is an image in the manual that looks like it is supposed to do this however the manual is in japanese

5. I want to swap out the original stereo as it will not pick up any uk stations but do not know how to remove it?

1. This is by design as mentioned, it helps you see when parking.

5. You need to carefully unclip the whole facia of the dashboard
Only some radios will fit, I'm fitting a Sansui double din which fits perfectly, but needs 20mm spacers making (out of bamboo flooring in my case) and longer bolts to position is correctly. Any Toyota-ISO adapter from eBay will fit it for you. Also check Nakamichi - they make some great units.
be prepared for the speakers to sound a bit lame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989   some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some questions re hiace super custom ltd 1989
Page 1 of 1