Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1989 Super Custom Limited - need help.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TalmageFarm

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Porongurup
Registration date : 2016-09-26

1989 Super Custom Limited - need help. Empty
PostSubject: 1989 Super Custom Limited - need help.   1989 Super Custom Limited - need help. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 9:11 am

Hi everyone and boy am I glad I found you...
I absolutely love my new van... It is so cool but needs a fair bit of work to bring her back to health and I could really use some helpful advice and tips.
She has the 2.4 turbo diesel engine and seems in pretty good mechanical condition but the electrics are a bit of a nightmare as someone has attacked it all with a soldering iron and added lots of additional wires and fuses... Which are confusing.
Would help a lot if anyone could point me in the direction of the correct manual. At the moment only the little side lights work so need to get the main headlights and indicators working again... Have checked the bulbs and they are all fine and the fuses seem fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this old girl definitely has a lot of life left in her. 😊

Some specs:

Model Q-LH100G-MFPQX
Engine 2L-T
Frame LH100
Trans/Axle A44DE G144
Color 22N Trim FJ31
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Super Custom Limited - need help.   1989 Super Custom Limited - need help. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 11:01 am

Please do a search for the manual or wiring diagram on this forum.

Have you measured at the light switch? If you know that the light switchs works (there is power outputted) then it also means power is going over the fuse (unless they really messed it up)
Then you can just make a new wire from the light switch to the headlights.

But please verify that it is running over the fuse, by pulling the fuse and seeing no more 12v at the light switch. For safety reasons.
Back to top Go down
TalmageFarm

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Porongurup
Registration date : 2016-09-26

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Super Custom Limited - need help.   1989 Super Custom Limited - need help. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Thank you Hiace4wd. That's really helpful advice. Will give it a go. If anyone is familiar with any common issues or things to check with this model then that would help too. I'm in Western Australia and nobody here seems to know much about the super customs.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Super Custom Limited - need help.   1989 Super Custom Limited - need help. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Just make sure that the cooling systems is okay. If all the fluids look really old, just replace them. A complete flush of the coolant system is usually welcome on these old vans.

Engine oil doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive, I tend to use cheap engine oil, but then replace it regularly.

It could be nice to check the transmission and differential oil levels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1989 Super Custom Limited - need help.   1989 Super Custom Limited - need help. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1989 Super Custom Limited - need help.
Page 1 of 1