Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Brake Lights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spannera

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Toowoomba Australia
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Rear Brake Lights Empty
PostSubject: Rear Brake Lights   Rear Brake Lights Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:40 am

Ok, so I've pulled the car apart. I have only one brake light that has been installed above the curtain in the rear of the van. I have looked on both sides at the rear and discovered no power to the the left and right warning lights that also come on when the headlights are on.

So I playing a guessing game, but am thinking that the installed light above the curtain is connected to original wiring on the back door. So can someone confirm:

1) On the actual opening rear door, were these where brake Lights (and reversing light) lights used to be on my car?

And

2) How do you get to the wiring / bulbs on the rear opening door if this is the case??
I am guessing if this is the case the previous owner has connected his newly installed brake light above the curtain to the these!!!..

Any help appreciated.

John
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Rear Brake Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lights   Rear Brake Lights Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:02 am

ok john the lights in the rear door are behind the lining on the door and these are connected to the original wiring and i believe they are t10 globes

cheers
dave
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Rear Brake Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lights   Rear Brake Lights Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:29 am

The bulbs and wiring weren't in mine. Got a leccie to fit them up. The tail lights aren't all that bright but the stop lights are good. The top one on mine is a bit on the dark side because of the tint.
Back to top Go down
spannera

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Toowoomba Australia
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Rear Brake Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lights   Rear Brake Lights Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:06 am

Thanks all...

I ended up putting a meter on the existing wires to the sides. I found that everything was actually wired up for the bottom side brake lights, however.. the bulb that was used was a standard brake/stop bulb with the 2 contact points. Whilst the wiring was working, I ended up buying new ones with longer contact points down the bottom and they now work.

Cheers.
John
Back to top Go down
fractalias
Not so new now
Not so new now
fractalias

Number of posts : 20
Home City : Sydney, NSW, Australia
Model and year : 95 SCL 3.0T 4WD
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Rear Brake Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lights   Rear Brake Lights Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:17 am

my tailgate lights don't work either.

i went searching around in the tailgate expecting to find blown bulbs. i found there was some wiring but bulb holders have been removed and wires cut pretty short. I was pretty disappointed. Would like to get them up and running at some point.

existing tail lights are pretty dull too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear Brake Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lights   Rear Brake Lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Brake Lights
Page 1 of 1